G5 iMac LCD Display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you guys. Just went thru the steps you folks had given and YES Now I'm SEEING!! Thanks again.

screen size? I think this is one area where all other things being equal, SIZE DOES MATTER! Once you have tasted BIG, nothing smaller can satisfy. But like they say, want to wear big hat, must have big head. Want big screen must have big wallet.

Thanks agin for all your help.

Macintosh default gamma is 1.8 if I'm not wrong, and Windows/PC default gamma is 2.2.

Thats why what you view images on Mac they are seemingly brighter. It's all a matter of perspective, and you can calibrate your Mac to 2.2, or PC to 1.8. Print shops usually using Windows OS, which could be a reason their colour profile matches the PC output.

mr_jason said:
Macintosh default gamma is 1.8 if I'm not wrong, and Windows/PC default gamma is 2.2.

Thats why what you view images on Mac they are seemingly brighter. It's all a matter of perspective, and you can calibrate your Mac to 2.2, or PC to 1.8. Print shops usually using Windows OS, which could be a reason their colour profile matches the PC output.

Agreed on that. I once accidentally set my printer gamma to 1.8 when my monitor was on 2.2 and the printout came out much lighter/less dense than the on screen view...my boss' ACD attached to a G5 is now caliberated to 2.2 and brightness is now similar to my monitor...

Status
Not open for further replies.