G2 setting help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

IamJeFfy

Apr 15, 2002
hi pals

can i change the aperature, shuttle speed for modes like NightScene, Potriat, Landscape and others?
or they cannot be adjusted in those modes? if can, how?

helps are greatly appreciated.
thank you!

cannot, those are "dummy modes", the camera will decide on everything. That's why Canon divides the dial into the "creative" modes and the rest. Only in the "creative" modes like Tv, Av, M that you can make decisions in exposure. Try not to use the dummy modes if you are interested in learning more about photography. :)

Originally posted by Tweek
cannot, those are "dummy modes", the camera will decide on everything. That's why Canon divides the dial into the "creative" modes and the rest. Only in the "creative" modes like Tv, Av, M that you can make decisions in exposure. Try not to use the dummy modes if you are interested in learning more about photography. :)
no wonder i couldn't find any related 'topics' in the manual.
anyway, i prefer snapping with M mode. fun though. ;)

lotsa thanks, Tweek! :)

Originally posted by IamJeFfy

no probz. :D

btw, did you just say you prefer snapping in M mode? Isn't that manual mode? So steady ah!

no probz. :D

btw, did you just say you prefer snapping in M mode? Isn't that manual mode? So steady ah!

another reason is i've learnt shuttle speed, ISO, BW and aperature thingy so far and been playing around with these 4 only.
anymore thing that is essential?

another reason is those "dummy modes" can't change it's shuttle speed so i used M mode to replace night scene mode. :p

Yes, using M mode, especially for night scenes, will be challenging. Try various settings to see the results. Anyway, if not happy with the image just delete them; it is free anyway. :D

another reason is i've learnt shuttle speed, ISO, BW and aperature thingy so far and been playing around with these 4 only.
anymore thing that is essential?

another reason is those "dummy modes" can't change it's shuttle speed so i used M mode to replace night scene mode. :p

yep it's good to use M mode for night scenes, but for most shots in the day, Av or Tv would be more convenient. But if you want to venture in M, that's better! You'll learn much much more...:D

Originally posted by Goondu

Yes, using M mode, especially for night scenes, will be challenging. Try various settings to see the results. Anyway, if not happy with the image just delete them; it is free anyway. :D
keke, my friend was using his' dad's Nikon SLR and was having a hard time peeping thru the viewfinder for angle and i was happily twising and turning my LCD screen. + instand replay too. :bsmilie:

keke, my friend was using his' dad's Nikon SLR and was having a hard time peeping thru the viewfinder for angle and i was happily twising and turning my LCD screen. + instand replay too. :bsmilie:

keke, but while you were trying to get a good focus, his Nikon snaps into focus almost instantly...:)

keke, but while you were trying to get a good focus, his Nikon snaps into focus almost instantly...:)

Oh, another reason to get the D60, or even the 1D. :D :p :gbounce:

yes yes, his SLR was solid.
the focus was power.
anyway tweek, you're snapping with a DC or a SLR?

yes yes, his SLR was solid.
the focus was power.
anyway tweek, you're snapping with a DC or a SLR?

using both lor...but still very amateurish with both. Use the DC more often, only use the SLR when I feel rich and I feel like faster focus. :D

anymore thing that is essential other than ISO, BW, aperature value and shuttle speed?
or basically that's all to snap?

anymore thing that is essential other than ISO, BW, aperature value and shuttle speed?
or basically that's all to snap?

Should be WB and not BW :p
Should be aperture and not aperature :p
Should be shutter and not shuttle :p

Anyway, enjoy your new found joy. :)

Originally posted by Goondu

Should be WB and not BW :p
Should be aperture and not aperature :p
Should be shutter and not shuttle :p

Anyway, enjoy your new found joy. :)
wahahaaa, a big WOOPS!

BW BW BW
aperture aperture aperture
shutter shutter shutter

errrr.. corrections! teacher used to call us write corrections for 3 times. haaha. :bsmilie:

shuttle speed... I can't remember hwta's the velocity required to escape earth's gravity pull.... mach...er.... very high... some ultra sonic speed.......

Originally posted by Flare
shuttle speed... I can't remember hwta's the velocity required to escape earth's gravity pull.... mach...er.... very high... some ultra sonic speed.......

Can also mean the shuttle used in badminton? In this case, it is quite slow. :p :D

keke..
anyway, how do i take sequenced pics like the following?
has it something gotta do with "Frame Count"?

lavalamp.jpg

er... actually I think the pictures are shot as per normal in a dimly lit room. Then they are stiched together using an image editing software. I believe a tripod is used...

Status
Not open for further replies.