G2 Firmware update? Any one tried yet??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goondu

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
Anyone has updated their firmware yet?
So far, from what I have seen from dpreview, the following improvements were claimed by some people:

Better Autofocus
Faster Autofocus
Better Manual focus
Stronger and more powerful flash
Faster startup time
Better White Balance

Even someone was mentioning "5X zoom"!!:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

What about you guys who have updated the firmware? Any improvements really?

Originally posted by Goondu
Anyone has updated their firmware yet?
So far, from what I have seen from dpreview, the following improvements were claimed by some people:

Better Autofocus
Faster Autofocus
Better Manual focus
Stronger and more powerful flash
Faster startup time
Better White Balance

Even someone was mentioning "5X zoom"!!:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

What about you guys who have updated the firmware? Any improvements really?

I think the focusing really improved or maybe everyone says it does and I also made myself to believe that. The flash same same to me.

Originally posted by foxfire

I think the focusing really improved or maybe everyone says it does and I also made myself to believe that. The flash same same to me.

Unless someone does some scientific measurements to confirm, I think it may be just imagination that the above are improved. Canon merely says the update is to improve the battery charging in certain situations - ie very limited improvement IMO.

I have to say I can't really tell the difference after the update...:)

Wait until I do my macro shot in BG then I know..

;)

Seems to be a little bit faster in focusing..

Try to focus on far area, then near one... you can feel that it is faster.

Cheers.

Hey, can anyone tell me if I need to put the battery pack into the camera when I install the "upload firmware" thing or do i power it using the ac.

Originally posted by christysg
Hey, can anyone tell me if I need to put the battery pack into the camera when I install the "upload firmware" thing or do i power it using the ac.

Better to use the ac source, but either way also can.

Originally posted by Goondu
You guys will know the vast improvement that the firmware has done to the G2...
Now THAT is simply UNBELIEVABLE! I'm upgrading my G2 firmware NOW!!! :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Originally posted by Pinoy
Now THAT is simply UNBELIEVABLE! I'm upgrading my G2 firmware NOW!!! :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I'm gonna sell off my 1 week old Oly C-2100uz and get the G2!!!!! :bsmilie:

I tried it liao....

Here's what I found....

:thumbsup: The auto-focus really appears to be faster. Especially the part when you depress the button half-way.

Just updated my firmware! Bryan Silverly is right! What a miracle! :bsmilie:

One thing I immediately noticed is that -- and as what others observed -- the focusing of G2 is now quite fasssstttttt!

I wonder what other updates went into this firmware update, other than the faster focusing and the battery discharge fix, of course.

hee just curious,

how do you find out that the focusing is really faster? by feeling ? or by other means ?

Originally posted by Keito
hee just curious,

how do you find out that the focusing is really faster? by feeling ? or by other means ?
You can feel it, yeah! :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.