G1 / GH1 batt is ex locally. Why not Amazon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

taurian

Mar 19, 2005
Hi, I've been following the thread on the G1 / GH1 and I'm particularly interested in getting extra batteries for the GH1. However, I see that the cheapest original batt (intend to upgrade firmware so gotta buy original) is still ~SGD$130. When I check online with Amazon, I find that they are selling each for ~USD$63 which will work out to be less than SGD$100 or thereabouts if you include shipping from VPost. May I know why nobody seems to be getting these from Amazon? Did I overlook something?

Hi, I've been following the thread on the G1 / GH1 and I'm particularly interested in getting extra batteries for the GH1. However, I see that the cheapest original batt (intend to upgrade firmware so gotta buy original) is still ~SGD$130. When I check online with Amazon, I find that they are selling each for ~USD$63 which will work out to be less than SGD$100 or thereabouts if you include shipping from VPost. May I know why nobody seems to be getting these from Amazon? Did I overlook something?

hi! sounds good. could you post the link for the site here please? thanks! =)

Why not buy OEM from ebay?

Why not buy OEM from ebay?

Problem is I intend to upgrade the firmware of my GH1 which will make it reject 3rd-party batteries. If not I would have gone for these OEMs locally.

Panasonic full lockdown on non original battery, like microsoft in PC. Not good for long term if the battery is very expensive and hard to get.

Not sure how many picture can G1 take per battery, if any designed battery power last very long, lesser user will be buying more battery or stretch out their buying. For instance, Canon 5D battery can take more than 380 shorts (at 50%), while Sigma can only do 150-200 (flat). So sigma users will heavy rely on backup.

Canon 5DMK-2 also will complaint when insert OEM battery but still allow use but not charge it.

Problem is I intend to upgrade the firmware of my GH1 which will make it reject 3rd-party batteries. If not I would have gone for these OEMs locally.

Reject OEM? I will not buy any cam that reject OEM. it is a step backward.

In future handphone charger is going towards usb jack, one charger can be use for all brand!

Dun think you can ship the battery over here, due to shipping regulations....pls double check.

Dun think you can ship the battery over here, due to shipping regulations....pls double check.
That's a good point. I recall lithium batteries are under Dangerous Goods. Let me see how Dell gets around it...

That's a good point. I recall lithium batteries are under Dangerous Goods. Let me see how Dell gets around it...

Thanks guys. I checked and indeed lithium batteries are prohibited items as listed herehttps://www.vpost.com.sg/helpdesk/prohibitedItems_pop.html

So now I gotta cancel my orders at Amazon...

Reject OEM? I will not buy any cam that reject OEM. it is a step backward.

In future handphone charger is going towards usb jack, one charger can be use for all brand!

Hey all bros, kindly spread message to the whole world. :nono:

If you accept that, you can't even import a camera (includes a lithium battery in the packaging) either :-]

I guess that is why in their list, they specificaaly mentioned that
"Before you make your purchase on items like PDAs, handphones, laptops, camcorders, cameras etc, please email us at vpostusa@vpost.com.sg or vposteurope@vpost.com.sg for shipping instructions."
Never asked them what kind of shipping instructions they might have (close one eye maybe?)but I am sure they will definitely notice if I attempt to order a few lithium batteries at one go :dunno:

How would they know? Do they scan the mail? If it's Amazon that isn't shipping, I can help out maybe.

How would they know? Do they scan the mail? If it's Amazon that isn't shipping, I can help out maybe.

For VPost, you have to email the invoice to them so there's no running away.

I just checked; shipping Lithium batteries is fine but requires a decleration.

I just checked; shipping Lithium batteries is fine but requires a decleration.

Wah, if true I might also consider getting batteries from Amazon lor....:thumbsup:
Original batteries sold here quite expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.