FZ70

EisMann

Feb 15, 2013
Singapore
Hi there!

Anyone has used FZ70 before?
I have done a quick search before starting this thread.

Just like to know if the F-Stop of F2.8 can be extended to 1200mm?

I have randomly dropped in like Best Denki in Taka or Courts in Jurong Point or Mega Store in the last 3 months. Did not find any on the display counter.

Thank You
EisMann

hi EisMann

the FZ70's aperture is NOT constant, the maximum aperture varies with the focal length. the specs state that at its widest angle of 20mm the aperture is 2.8 while at maximum zoom of 1200mm it is 5.9
read article on DPReview for more details
http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/07/18/Panasonic-announces-lumix-dmc-fz70-60x-optical-zoom
hope this clarifies your query

hi EisMann

the FZ70's aperture is NOT constant, the maximum aperture varies with the focal length. the specs state that at its widest angle of 20mm the aperture is 2.8 while at maximum zoom of 1200mm it is 5.9
read article on DPReview for more details
http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/07/18/Panasonic-announces-lumix-dmc-fz70-60x-optical-zoom

hope this clarifies your query

Thanks Saiful,

Do you own one FZ70?

Any idea if the F2.8 can opened say up to 600mm or 800mm?

Thank You
EisMann

hi again EisMann

i have the FZ200, not the FZ70. unfortunately, you can't 'open' the aperture or force it to remain at F2.8 for the FZ70. as i mentioned earlier, the aperture varies with the focal length, it is not something you can manipulate even under Manual mode.

whereas for the FZ200, is a CONSTANT F2.8 camera from 25mm all the way to 600mm. hence the price difference.

Thanks Saiful.

No wonder FZ70 is quieter than FZ200.
I mean demand or excitement.

EisMann

Thanks Saiful.

No wonder FZ70 is quieter than FZ200.
I mean demand or excitement.

EisMann

I also looked at the FZ70 and finally opted for the FZ 200, the constant F2.8 through the entire zoom range was a big factor in my final choice. It is worthwhile spending the extra $$. Very happy with FZ 200, good luck with what ever you decide on.

Thanks Saiful,

Do you own one FZ70?

Any idea if the F2.8 can opened say up to 600mm or 800mm?

Thank You
EisMann
I don't know but I think it's very unlikely. ;) Most likely the FZ70/72 will close the aperture much earlier.