FZ7 question


Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 7, 2006
259
0
0
NTU
stanchai.multiply.com
#1
hi guys, do anyone here know how to use the panning mode effectively? i just recently bought a fz7 and am doing some xperiments with it. Another problem i have is, i took at photo last night, at f8, iso100, 15 secs, 18mm. The picture wasn't what i expected. It was a night shot on a tripod. What happened was the bottom picture of the streets were sharp and well colored, where as the blue sky was very grainy which is totally the opposite than the bottom of the picture. Do anyone else have this problem? I'm a newbie. Please advise
Thanks for your time.
 

ExplorerZ

Senior Member
Jan 9, 2006
7,752
0
36
West Legion
hkchew03.deviantart.com
#2
LightStalker said:
hi guys, do anyone here know how to use the panning mode effectively? i just recently bought a fz7 and am doing some xperiments with it. Another problem i have is, i took at photo last night, at f8, iso100, 15 secs, 18mm. The picture wasn't what i expected. It was a night shot on a tripod. What happened was the bottom picture of the streets were sharp and well colored, where as the blue sky was very grainy which is totally the opposite than the bottom of the picture. Do anyone else have this problem? I'm a newbie. Please advise
Thanks for your time.
that is normal becos the sky is much darker than the bottom. the bottom have lesser noise as it was properly exposed compare to the sky

and yes you scared me with 18mm... i wonder how come fz7 got such wide angle :bsmilie:. 35mm equiv would be 108mm :thumbsup:
 

Jun 7, 2006
259
0
0
NTU
stanchai.multiply.com
#3
ExplorerZ said:
that is normal becos the sky is much darker than the bottom. the bottom have lesser noise as it was properly exposed compare to the sky

and yes you scared me with 18mm... i wonder how come fz7 got such wide angle :bsmilie:. 35mm equiv would be 108mm :thumbsup:
Oh wait, i may have gotten the thing wrong. i mean the 18 mm thing. I think it is 18 mm because it never really said anything. I bought from Song Brothers down at simlin for $69 w gst. How do i check? anyway is there a way i can overcome the grainy problem in the sky? if i were to increase the exposure time, what should i expect? i'm thinking overexposed streets with nice skies..
 

ExplorerZ

Senior Member
Jan 9, 2006
7,752
0
36
West Legion
hkchew03.deviantart.com
#5
LightStalker said:
1 more question, what are the sizes you normally use for web pictures? 800x600 or 600x400?
Thanks again
i normally do a batch resize with ACDsee at 0.5MP which is around 800x600, but sometimes i resize to 640x480 as well...
 

ExplorerZ

Senior Member
Jan 9, 2006
7,752
0
36
West Legion
hkchew03.deviantart.com
#6
LightStalker said:
Oh wait, i may have gotten the thing wrong. i mean the 18 mm thing. I think it is 18 mm because it never really said anything. I bought from Song Brothers down at simlin for $69 w gst. How do i check? anyway is there a way i can overcome the grainy problem in the sky? if i were to increase the exposure time, what should i expect? i'm thinking overexposed streets with nice skies..
18mm on a fz7 is 108mm (35mm equiv) most people use that stanard else you will be getting 6mm at 1x zoom which is fisheye on a film camera :bsmilie:. best advise would be to do a HDR or use noise reduction software
 

Jun 7, 2006
259
0
0
NTU
stanchai.multiply.com
#7
ExplorerZ said:
18mm on a fz7 is 108mm (35mm equiv) most people use that stanard else you will be getting 6mm at 1x zoom which is fisheye on a film camera :bsmilie:. best advise would be to do a HDR or use noise reduction software
Wow, thanks! Herm.. Later tonight i'm going back to check on my lenses.. I aint photoshop savy. However the camera has a noise reduction function which i think i might be able to use.. 1 more question.. If the night sky is really dark, and i up the contrast and saturation, will it help improve the picture? i'm afraid that it would do harm to the bottom half of the picture.. I'm sorry for asking all these questions.. You've been really helpful..
 

ExplorerZ

Senior Member
Jan 9, 2006
7,752
0
36
West Legion
hkchew03.deviantart.com
#8
LightStalker said:
Wow, thanks! Herm.. Later tonight i'm going back to check on my lenses.. I aint photoshop savy. However the camera has a noise reduction function which i think i might be able to use.. 1 more question.. If the night sky is really dark, and i up the contrast and saturation, will it help improve the picture? i'm afraid that it would do harm to the bottom half of the picture.. I'm sorry for asking all these questions.. You've been really helpful..
i believe upping the contrast will only make the sky looks darker, and saturation will only make ur red even more red. so it really depends on how you wan it to be. just play around in photoshop.
 

Jun 7, 2006
259
0
0
NTU
stanchai.multiply.com
#9
ExplorerZ said:
i believe upping the contrast will only make the sky looks darker, and saturation will only make ur red even more red. so it really depends on how you wan it to be. just play around in photoshop.
Ok thanks alot for your time.. probably drop by at national library to borrow some books on photoshop
 

roadrunner_552

Senior Member
Aug 16, 2005
2,516
5
0
East
#10
LightStalker said:
Ok thanks alot for your time.. probably drop by at national library to borrow some books on photoshop
ya go library borrow some books to see. hehe. free.

bras brasah popular also got alot of new photography books to see. Sometime i spend some time reading at there. :)
 

Jun 7, 2006
259
0
0
NTU
stanchai.multiply.com
#11
roadrunner_552 said:
ya go library borrow some books to see. hehe. free.
bras brasah popular also got alot of new photography books to see. Sometime i spend some time reading at there. :)
Hahaha.. you know my brother just told me something similar. He was on leave then he said he had nothing to do and so he go popular. He stand there and read for 4 hrs, then he finish reading a $30 book and then he came home so proud. I was laughing like crazy.. haha :bsmilie:
 

roadrunner_552

Senior Member
Aug 16, 2005
2,516
5
0
East
#12
LightStalker said:
Hahaha.. you know my brother just told me something similar. He was on leave then he said he had nothing to do and so he go popular. He stand there and read for 4 hrs, then he finish reading a $30 book and then he came home so proud. I was laughing like crazy.. haha :bsmilie:
waooo 4hr standing is prooo:thumbsup: i guess my each trip last about 1hour nia haha
 

Jun 7, 2006
259
0
0
NTU
stanchai.multiply.com
#13
roadrunner_552 said:
waooo 4hr standing is prooo:thumbsup: i guess my each trip last about 1hour nia haha
haha dunno wat he do.. maybe he sit with the other kids on the floor reading.. hahaha.. really funny.. Hey, anyone know how to use th panning mode in night shots? It's a real killer !
 

Jun 7, 2006
259
0
0
NTU
stanchai.multiply.com
#15
Haha,, try reading at Orchard roads' Borders. Pretty comfy place. Anyway, do anyone know how to do a border with your name & copyright below the picture with photoshop? Any links to intro?
 

metallilan

Senior Member
Jan 6, 2006
2,866
0
0
Singapore
#16
LightStalker said:
Haha,, try reading at Orchard roads' Borders. Pretty comfy place. Anyway, do anyone know how to do a border with your name & copyright below the picture with photoshop? Any links to intro?
mine's all diy :thumbsup:
 

fly_us

New Member
May 6, 2006
30
0
0
#17
LightStalker said:
Haha,, try reading at Orchard roads' Borders. Pretty comfy place. Anyway, do anyone know how to do a border with your name & copyright below the picture with photoshop? Any links to intro?
Edit Canvas size to bigger, fill the background, and type ur copyright :D
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom