FZ7 pics samples?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iboey

Jun 16, 2006
Eastern Singapore
www.iboey.com
Im going to get my hands on FZ7. Asking all FZ7 users to come in and post some pictures. I prefer to take macro shots. Is FZ7 capable of good sharp marco shots? Im new in prosumer cameras...have been using point and shoot all my life ;p

I think its going to take more than just a camera, the FZ7 alone to be able to take a 'good macro shot'. Just my thoughts, cuz i was once a macro-fanatic... haha. You'd probably have to spend on the other 'stuff' to do macro.

Not FZ7, FZ5, no crop, full image only resized.

20060518095658p11004999is.jpg

hmm.. the FZ7 would be able to take macro yes. but you'd probably need a close up filter like a Nikon 4T or a Raynox DCR-250 to take better close ups. There are alternatives like the Hoya Closeup filters but aren't very good quality as they don't eliminate chromatic abberations.

Im new and the FZ7 fits my requirements well. price and size. So I can just get a closeup filter like Nikon 4T(with or w/o the lens hood??) that will be ok? Im still learning. :(

metallilan said:
hmm.. the FZ7 would be able to take macro yes. but you'd probably need a close up filter like a Nikon 4T or a Raynox DCR-250 to take better close ups. There are alternatives like the Hoya Closeup filters but aren't very good quality as they don't eliminate chromatic abberations.

iboey said:
Im new and the FZ7 fits my requirements well. price and size. So I can just get a closeup filter like Nikon 4T(with or w/o the lens hood??) that will be ok? Im still learning. :(

haha. the nikon 4T is a filter by itself. no need lens hood for it :sweatsm: Its about $45 i think, last i bought it at Lords at lucky plaza but im not sure if they have stocks now.

Alternatively you can get raynox lenses, but those have higher magnification that the nikon 4T ( 8 diopter in comparison to 2.9 diopter)

metallilan said:
Get Hardwaremag's Megaguide.. for $18 they'll teach you the basic stuff..

i like this site : http://digital-photography-school.com/blog/ But it teaches you more on composition than technical stuff..

is there any place still selling the megaguide? tried looking for it at kino but can't find it. TIA!

P1020245_b.JPG

iboey said:
what is the settings u use?

just use the scene mode: night scape, use timer.
with tripod.

FZ7 samples:
1/200 F5.6 ISO 80
esplanade.jpg

1/30 F2.8 ISO 80, Flash fired
Dinner.jpg

Another one at East coast:
Exposure: 20 secs F.3.3
EastC04.jpg

reverie62 said:
P1010456.jpg

ISO-80, F8