FZ5's dpi

Status
Not open for further replies.

LollipopGwen

Apr 28, 2006
Singapore - Punggol
Hi there, I recently notice that the photos I taken with my FZ5 is always at 72dpi.. which is so low... >_< Is there any way to change the dpi besides edit it in photoshop?

Thanks alot! ^^

Hi there, I recently notice that the photos I taken with my FZ5 is always at 72dpi.. which is so low... >_< Is there any way to change the dpi besides edit it in photoshop?

Thanks alot! ^^
doesn't really matter... be it 72dpi or 7200dpi the file dimension is still 2560x1920

yup, doesn't matter at all. what's important is the image dimensions, rather than "dpi" for images captured from digital cameras.

wont the low dpi affect the quality of printouts? thanks for the help so far... >_<;;;

i printed 8R sized pics from my FZ5 when i sent my pics for the SYPA compeition many months back..looked okay to me...

wont the low dpi affect the quality of printouts? thanks for the help so far... >_<;;;

it won't. the actual dpi is determined by the image dimensions and the print size. the "dpi" attribute u see is actually meaningless without printsize specified.

Go to image size, change dpi to 300, and image size back to 2560x1920, and you have the image at 300dpi... image size in pixel remains the same, and becomes smaller in cm/in

Status
Not open for further replies.