FZ50 or DSLR

Status
Not open for further replies.
drewdam said:
before i bought the Oly E500, i had handle D50 n D70s...too big for me, i have small palm n weak arm due to inquiry....i prefer Oly in term of size and ergonomics...well these opinion are very personal. but loose out the chooses of lenes and accessories tho..but it help to contain the BBB virus :D

Ironically the first DSLR i laid my HANDS on (i laid my EYES on a D50 :D ) was an E500, rather nice and light camera...but that was before i eventually settled from a D70. Oly camera's are pretty good, but so far i like the E500 and the E1 only...don't really like the other 2 as far as body shape is concerned...

metallilan said:
I didn't use an Fz5 but an Fz30. So can't help you out much. But many of the old timers here who have used Fz5 have upgraded to DSLR..

Eg.

FZOwner - KM5D
Myself - Nikon D70
ExplorerZ - Nikon D50
DaXiong - D70
Littledigitalartist - 300D (think so la lol)
and many more... you guys can continue the list if you want...
and the list continues.

Really, Fz50 is, well, IMO i good upgrade to an Fz30, well at least in terms of TTL flash connectivity is concerned, where other features is im not very sure Panasonic has improved on that much aside from L1.

If you wish to buy L1, you have to remember that the DSLR is built not for high speed photography like sports where you cannot afford the 'live view' shutter lag, theres where the WYSIWYG view comes in.

Photoshop is something all of us, even Pro's will have to touch one way of the other. Its abit hard to bypass that option of getting out of the camera shot image unless of course

1. You yourself is a pro
2. You are using a pro body
3. You have a pro lens

So yeah. Choose your next camera wisely. =)

In fact i straight away jump from P&S to DSLR 2 yrs ago. Then 6 mths ago i bought a FZ5 because it's relatively more compact & good quality of pic (of cos it still can't beat DSLR in terms of DOF & under challenging lighting.) But nowadays even P&S can create good images.

It's all depands on what u want & ur needs.
It's not possible for me to bring DSLR wherever i go. FZ 5 or F30 will satisfy my needs when i m not be able to bring my DSLR + lenses out. (eg; shooting aft working, going out with gf /frens etc..)

My DSLR rests in dry cab during weekdays. Only use when there is an photo outing/shooting during weekend.
FZ5 & F30 accompany me during weekdays & rest during weekend.:bsmilie: They are just like Moon & Sun. 1 comes out, 1 goes back.:bsmilie:

DaXiong said:
In fact i straight away jump from P&S to DSLR 2 yrs ago. Then 6 mths ago i bought a FZ5 because it's relatively more compact & good quality of pic (of cos it still can't beat DSLR in terms of DOF & under challenging lighting.) But nowadays even P&S can create good images.

It's all depands on what u want & ur needs.
It's not possible for me to bring DSLR wherever i go. FZ 5 or F30 will satisfy my needs when i m not be able to bring my DSLR + lenses out. (eg; shooting aft working, going out with gf /frens etc..)

My DSLR rests in dry cab during weekdays. Only use when there is an photo outing/shooting during weekend.
FZ5 & F30 accompany me during weekdays & rest during weekend.:bsmilie: They are just like Moon & Sun. 1 comes out, 1 goes back.:bsmilie:

Heh. Some of us can afford more than 1 camera ma... For a guy like don't think i have that funds to own more than one... :bsmilie: Sigh. Miss my FZ5 alot..

metallilan said:
Heh. Some of us can afford more than 1 camera ma... For a guy like don't think i have that funds to own more than one... Sigh. Miss my FZ5 alot..

haha...
when u reach 29 yr old. i think u'll have more cameras/lenses than me.;) Maybe u'll be a proud owner of D2 series liao... :think:

Frankly speaking, U guys consider very fortunate that to be able to use DSLR while u r still a student. hee.. :) Try to make use of this advantage, start ur photography journey early.. :thumbsup:

When i was a poly student, i can't even afford to buy a P&S:cry: i can only start learning it when i m already become an uncle. hee..

DaXiong said:
haha...
when u reach 29 yr old. i think u'll have more cameras/lenses than me.;) Maybe u'll be a proud owner of D2 series liao... :think:

Frankly speaking, U guys consider very fortunate that to be able to use DSLR while u r still a student. hee.. :) Try to make use of this advantage, start ur photography journey early.. :thumbsup:

When i was a poly student, i can't even afford to buy a P&S:cry: i can only start learning it when i m already become an uncle. hee..

I think my school got one guy using IDs MKII leh...haha. Can ask ExplorerZ to verify that... Depends on per person ar, for me, i took 6 months before i went to upgrade to DSLR. Even using FZ5 i spend a bomb just buying all the accesories etc... -.-"

So ziggy...made up your mind already?

metallilan said:
I think my school got one guy using IDs MKII leh...haha. Can ask ExplorerZ to verify that... Depends on per person ar, for me, i took 6 months before i went to upgrade to DSLR. Even using FZ5 i spend a bomb just buying all the accesories etc... -.-"

So ziggy...made up your mind already?

tat guy overkill mah... anyway he really prove to me photography is not all about cameras :bsmilie:

Found out one of my friends is using a E-300. Pics look OK on the screen. Will try out next few weeks.

I am in no hurry at this moment. My FZ5 and FX01 suit my needs 80% of my time. If I have to buy one now, it will probably be the FZ50. But probably want to try the Oly and wait for the D80 before deciding.

Many thanks guys.

ExplorerZ said:
tat guy overkill mah... anyway he really prove to me photography is not all about cameras :bsmilie:

:bsmilie: haha... :thumbsup: :bsmilie:

DaXiong said:
:bsmilie: haha... :thumbsup: :bsmilie:
serious mah :bsmilie:, that camera alone is enough to buy my whole cabinet of photographic equipment... still got left for hundreds of starbuck ice mocha at least ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.