FZ50 for newbie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paperseal

Jun 13, 2007
Tiong bahru
IS this a good camera to start with? where can i get a gd deal? can recommendation? :dunno:

All cameras are good, it's just a matter of whether the user knows how to make full use of it. Do a research to see if the functions can meet your requirement and if you can live with the shortcomings of the camera. You may want to go to the shops to take a look at the camera and have a feel of it too. Shops to recommend would be the usual Cathay Photo, MS Color, Alan Photo, etc.

if u gt 1k budget what cam will u buy ?

Most impt is what shot you are into? Portrait, macro, scenary, sports or animals??

If you are not an ambitious photographer, a prosumer digital cam will suits u. Some recommendations are:

- Canon Powershot S5 IS or S3 IS
- Sony H9 or H7
- Panasonic FZ series

Or else, save up more and get at least a DSLR, for the image quality and camera functionality that you wont regret. (Bear in mind, if you choose this path, you will probably get to spend more in the future.)

I think it is too ex. $1k+..... i would rather save few hundred more to get a DSLR... Try powershots. Good value for money with good performance. Get a rather cheap but have manuel mode camera to start with, then save up to get DSLR like what others recommend.

Most impt is what shot you are into? Portrait, macro, scenary, sports or animals??

If you are not an ambitious photographer, a prosumer digital cam will suits u. Some recommendations are:

- Canon Powershot S5 IS or S3 IS
- Sony H9 or H7
- Panasonic FZ series

Or else, save up more and get at least a DSLR, for the image quality and camera functionality that you wont regret. (Bear in mind, if you choose this path, you will probably get to spend more in the future.)

more on scenary. mayb not a DSLR i like to get a prosumer.

Powershot is a good choice. Wait for the Canon S5 to come out. $799 i think. Before I goes into DSLR, I'm using panasonic FZ-5. No regret on it. But recently saw the brochure of Sony H9, feels that it's quite good too. So just do more research and read up on other people reviews, you will never go wrong. :) Good luck.

Powershot is a good choice. Wait for the Canon S5 to come out. $799 i think. Before I goes into DSLR, I'm using panasonic FZ-5. No regret on it. But recently saw the brochure of Sony H9, feels that it's quite good too. So just do more research and read up on other people reviews, you will never go wrong. :) Good luck.

Thanks bro

Status
Not open for further replies.