FZ5 vs FZ20

Status
Not open for further replies.

fz5

Mar 30, 2005
Hi guyz!

I'm from Malaysia!

Now I have trouble and confuse on choosing either FZ5 or FZ20.

Both of them camera nearly have the same function.

The difference are

@ manual focus vs auto focus
@ constant f2.8 and f2.8~f3.3
@ ed lens
@ hot shoe

Guyz, wat do u think bout it? I got few questions here. Hope will get the answer from u all guyz!

Q1: What is manual focus anyway when compare to Auto focus? How does it function? Anyway may explain bout it?

Q2: Is it manual focus is very important in certain situation? Can anyone please give me few situation where and when to use manual focus is a Must?

Q3: F.33 full tele and F2.8 full tele, got big difference? how much is the difference? Do we always use full tele with F2.8? is it a must?

Q4: Really ED lens will help much to make our pictures look better??

Q5: Hot shoe very important? Why we need external flash? When and Where?

Guyz, I'm so so confusing!! How ya??? Please help all the expert here!

Thanks Thanks in Advance!!

I'll leave the answering to the experts here... My question would be,

"Would you be changing your nick to fz20 if you decide to buy the fz20?" :bsmilie:

fz20 RocKs.... :D:thumbsup:

let me put it this way...

if the size of FZ20 is alright with you, get the FZ20. it has enough features that the fz5 lacks that warrants you to take a look at it.

The answers to the questions that you are asking will only confuse you even more. I suggest you read more on the subject before deciding. Even if your question is answered here you will be asking more questions. Manual focus and auto focus is the very basic in photography. I suggest you get the FZ20 and start practicing your shots. Read the manual and try out the features. I hope I don't sound too 'bo chap'. This is my honest opinion.

fz5 said:
Hi guyz!

I'm from Malaysia!

Now I have trouble and confuse on choosing either FZ5 or FZ20.

Both of them camera nearly have the same function.

The difference are

@ manual focus vs auto focus
@ constant f2.8 and f2.8~f3.3
@ ed lens
@ hot shoe

Guyz, wat do u think bout it? I got few questions here. Hope will get the answer from u all guyz!

Q1: What is manual focus anyway when compare to Auto focus? How does it function? Anyway may explain bout it?

Q2: Is it manual focus is very important in certain situation? Can anyone please give me few situation where and when to use manual focus is a Must?

Q3: F.33 full tele and F2.8 full tele, got big difference? how much is the difference? Do we always use full tele with F2.8? is it a must?

Q4: Really ED lens will help much to make our pictures look better??

Q5: Hot shoe very important? Why we need external flash? When and Where?

Guyz, I'm so so confusing!! How ya??? Please help all the expert here!

Thanks Thanks in Advance!!

There is already a thread discussing about FZ5 vs FZ10.

By and large, FZ10 shares much of the features with FZ20, no point discussing here...

No. That one is about FZ10. I think have different way to go dee..

fz5 said:
No. That one is about FZ10. I think have different way to go dee..

FZ10 and FZ20 are almost identical, except the mega-pixel.

tao said:
let me put it this way...

if the size of FZ20 is alright with you, get the FZ20. it has enough features that the fz5 lacks that warrants you to take a look at it.

If FZ20 is worth to buy over than FZ5. Then, FZ20 size is not the matter for me. But if FZ5 is par with FZ20, then size should be under consideration.

JimDavis said:
For spec, you can find FZ5 spec and FZ20 spec in Dpreview web site.

For usage, it is very personal, depending on what you want to do with the camera.

I want to improve my skill on photography. This camera will be my long term investment!

FZ5 or FZ20?

fz5 said:
I want to improve my skill on photography. This camera will be my long term investment!

FZ5 or FZ20?

FZ20. :thumbsup:

John ah John... Dun make ppl confusing... :kok:

John Teoh said:
Get a D70 :bsmilie:

* John ran off*

Cheers
John

Not a bad idea, so long you are aware that you are going to invest more heavily on lenses. :)

John Teoh said:
Get a D70 :bsmilie:

* John ran off*

Cheers
John

bro!! D70.. no $$ for lens!!

fz5 said:
bro!! D70.. no $$ for lens!!

Same problem here... and you are not the only one :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

But on a serious note, I suggest you get the FZ20 as it is closer to a DSLR. Should one of this day you have a chance to own a DSLR, you will also have less learning curve too. More over, a lot of accessories for you to play with too.

Cheers
John

fz5 said:

FZ5 or FZ20?

hey fz5,

if your real intention is to improve skills in photography, then u seriously need to consider old timer film SLRs, without any functions except basic metering. If you want an easy to use toy, FZ20 is great, cos you can go manual, and have more control of the features.. no MF.. that is just ridiculous man.

Just to inform you, when you get sick of the FZ20 and decide to go SLR, you just blew a whole wad of cash, that could have been DSLR+lenses.

Dun flame me, cos I mean no harm, and just speaking from xp.

rhair78 said:
hey fz5,

if your real intention is to improve skills in photography, then u seriously need to consider old timer film SLRs, without any functions except basic metering. If you want an easy to use toy, FZ20 is great, cos you can go manual, and have more control of the features.. no MF.. that is just ridiculous man.

Just to inform you, when you get sick of the FZ20 and decide to go SLR, you just blew a whole wad of cash, that could have been DSLR+lenses.

*nod nod*

Agree!

rhair78 said:
hey fz5,

ooh.. sorry noob here. may i know wat is MF? is it stand for manual focus?? why u said FZ20 no MF le??

I wont go for DSLR for few years to go. I'm just 19 and a student. So no stable income yet to support the Lens!! RM KKKKK..

Status
Not open for further replies.