FZ5 vs FZ20

Status
Not open for further replies.
fz5 said:
ooh.. sorry noob here. may i know wat is MF? is it stand for manual focus?? why u said FZ20 no MF le??

I wont go for DSLR for few years to go. I'm just 19 and a student. So no stable income yet to support the Lens!! RM KKKKK..

I think FZ5 is a good start la. Affordable 5mp with 12X zoom, great lens. Can do many types of shoot like wildlife, macro, landscape, portrait, 'studio', etc.... :thumbsup: .

What is the recommended brand and model for FZ20 external flash unit?

FZ20 do have the compatible WCON?

LifeWorld said:
I think FZ5 is a good start la. Affordable 5mp with 12X zoom, great lens. Can do many types of shoot like wildlife, macro, landscape, portrait, 'studio', etc.... :thumbsup: .

I think i wont choose FZ5 de bro!
u know why? cos today I went to a shop.

Try to 12x tele. compare between f2.8 and f3.3. wa! big difference man!! I mean the lighting..

I think he meant MF as manual focus.
Seems that you're just starting out on photograpphy. In that case, just get the FZ20. It has all the generic features needed for a beginner. Then spend more time on learning the basic aspects of photography before venturing into the more intermediate level.

fz5 said:
What is the recommended brand and model for FZ20 external flash unit?

If you know the price of the original WCON, you sure to faint. My suggestion is you stick with what the FZ20 can do for you first before getting other accessories.

Basically to start, other than camera, get extra battery, bigger or extra SD card. extra flash, bag, UV and Cir PL. The rest you can take your time to try and find out what you are really into.

Cheers
John

snowspeeder said:
I think he meant MF as manual focus.
Seems that you're just starting out on photograpphy. In that case, just get the FZ20. It has all the generic features needed for a beginner. Then spend more time on learning the basic aspects of photography before venturing into the more intermediate level.

Hey that's what I am doing... You got my thought. I am climbing one step at a time.
Haven't reached flash photography yet!!!

fz5 said:
I think i wont choose FZ5 de bro!
u know why? cos today I went to a shop.

Try to 12x tele. compare between f2.8 and f3.3. wa! big difference man!! I mean the lighting..

you sure it is so bad? i tried f3.3 12X zoom on my FZ1 and I don't lose much in terms of shutter speed drop. f2.8 and f3.3 seems hardly different. any comments guys? can you guys with fz10 and fz20 try this and see it this is the case? :dunno: :dunno:

tao said:
you sure it is so bad? i tried f3.3 12X zoom on my FZ1 and I don't lose much in terms of shutter speed drop. f2.8 and f3.3 seems hardly different. any comments guys? can you guys with fz10 and fz20 try this and see it this is the case? :dunno: :dunno:

bro!!
forgot to mention that, I used the same shutter speed!! wat do u think?

John Teoh said:
If you know the price of the original WCON, you sure to faint. My suggestion is you stick with what the FZ20 can do for you first before getting other accessories.

Basically to start, other than camera, get extra battery, bigger or extra SD card. extra flash, bag, UV and Cir PL. The rest you can take your time to try and find out what you are really into.

Cheers
John

John,

You forgot to mention one utmost important thing: Phayee adapter! ;)

fz5 said:

The widest you can go with a WCON on a FZ10 (or FZ20) will be 28mm (Pana) or 24mm (others).
If you are interested more in wide angle shots, get a film SLR (not DSLR) with a WA lens e.g. 17-35 which at 2H will cost less than the Panasonic WA converter. I did that and now I am using my SLR more, reserving my FZ10 for long range shots only. I keep the teleconverter attached to the FZ almost all the time because the FZ converters take a long time to attach/detach.
The advantage of a SLR when you want to upgrade to a DSLR that can use the same lenses, you already have a back-up body and automatically extended your reach by the crop factor (e.g. 300mm could become 450 mm with a crop factor of 1.5 and that is before adding any teleconverter) whilst being able to retain the widest angle with your film SLR. The Best of Both Worlds;)

JimDavis said:
John,

You forgot to mention one utmost important thing: Phayee adapter! ;)

I am thinking of using the Phayee adapter as an extension tube.
I wonder if I can attach a Phayee adapter on my FZ10 and then my LTZ10 on the Phayee adapter. If the original Pana adapter can go on the Phayee adapter, this would be possible and all I need do is extend my tripod mounting bracket by the length of the Phayee adapter.
Can you advise?

AncientMariner said:
I am thinking of using the Phayee adapter as an extension tube.
I wonder if I can attach a Phayee adapter on my FZ10 and then my LTZ10 on the Phayee adapter. If the original Pana adapter can go on the Phayee adapter, this would be possible and all I need do is extend my tripod mounting bracket by the length of the Phayee adapter.
Can you advise?

What thread size is your LTZ10?
The phayee adapter has two thread size. 62mm and 72mm.

LifeWorld said:
What thread size is your LTZ10?
The phayee adapter has two thread size. 62mm and 72mm.

Same size as the "dress ring".
It goes on the FZ10 in place of the original adapter.
Tks in advance.

John Teoh said:
Hahahaha

JD you do oversea delivery too ;p ?

Cheers
John

Malaysia? Boleh lar...just need to charge the shipment cost lor. ;)

In fact, I am thinking of bringing the Phayee items to Malaysia and sell too... :)

AncientMariner said:
Same size as the "dress ring".
It goes on the FZ10 in place of the original adapter.
Tks in advance.

I doubt so, but if you want to try out, bring your gear to the PLUG meeting, we can try it out on the spot together. :)

JimDavis said:
Malaysia? Boleh lar...just need to charge the shipment cost lor. ;)

In fact, I am thinking of bringing the Phayee items to Malaysia and sell too... :)

kakakaka... u r always welcome in. many of malaysia forumer is waiting for this chance!

www.photokaki.com
www.lowyat.net

seriously,

wat is the Cons / Disadvantages of FZ20?

Status
Not open for further replies.