fz5 uv lens very loose

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlpk007

Sep 24, 2002
Singapore.
Visit site
why is this so??i got a tokina uv filter...and it cannot fit in tightly.....some more when i went for my malaysia trip...the weather like too hot till the uv lens after screw in forever loose...

if im not wrong,, its time to change ur adapter... fz5 original adapter is made of plastic thus wear and tear is very easy

how long have u been using ur FZ5?
take a good look at ur lens adaptor. is the tip of the lens adaptor curve in?
if so, just sand off abt 1mm, confirm ur filter will fit as tight as a virgin........................;)

cannot be so suay...ah....just bought only..less than one month..how to attach pictures here???i dun quite understand which part to sand off

jlpk007 said:
cannot be so suay...ah....just bought only..less than one month..

since is only a month, follow my earlier instruction.
the cause is because of the curve preventing the filter to lock on to the screw thread

FZ5owner said:
since is only a month, follow my earlier instruction.
the cause is because of the curve preventing the filter to lock on to the screw thread

which part is it exactly...i dun get where is it....u mean the start of the thread on the lens adaptor...the small slope??

jlpk007 said:
which part is it exactly...i dun get where is it....u mean the start of the thread on the lens adaptor...the small slope??
the tip where u mount ur UV filter.

ok..i will go try....need to find sand paper first;p ......because of this my uv lens drop on the floor....luckily is just uv lens cheap cheap...if some other lens..i will:cry:

jlpk007 said:
ok..i will go try....need to find sand paper first;p ......because of this my uv lens drop on the floor....luckily is just uv lens cheap cheap...if some other lens..i will:cry:
do remember not to over sand it. just 1mm

I experienced it on my FZ5 also ler..
during my cambodia trip, it drops dunno how many donkey times until i get so fed up..
but the UV filter i bought is 2nd hand dunno wat brand one..
so when i reached Thailand, bought a HOYA UV at 10SGD.. haha.. tried that and it fit well ler.. so now i have no problem with UV filter dropping out again liao...

eh, have the same problem. polariser and uv filter keeps falling off

><

previously my fz5 never met such prob. Maybe becoz i use Hoya filter?:think:

roadrunner_552 said:
previously my fz5 never met such prob. Maybe becoz i use Hoya filter?:think:

i had 5 mini-cuts on my hand the last time my hoya filter got stuck to the plastic adaptor :bsmilie:

metallilan said:
i had 5 mini-cuts on my hand the last time my hoya filter got stuck to the plastic adaptor :bsmilie:

whaha u must be screwing the filter too tight?:bsmilie:

roadrunner_552 said:
whaha u must be screwing the filter too tight?:bsmilie:

haha yeah.. must fight with the adaptor to take it out! heng now with the metal adaptor its easier to take out.

is there other cure other than sanding off the tip???i am afraid after sanding off...next time other filter will have problem fitting in....very frustrated by this problem....how come the 55mm thread is not standard:(

jlpk007 said:
is there other cure other than sanding off the tip???i am afraid after sanding off...next time other filter will have problem fitting in....very frustrated by this problem....how come the 55mm thread is not standard:(

this is the best solution liao.............. y not u try with a hoya filter. if the same then better sand. dun forget the adpator is made of plastic.

if need help sanding off, i can help u......................:bsmilie:

metallilan said:
haha yeah.. must fight with the adaptor to take it out! heng now with the metal adaptor its easier to take out.

how much you get the metal adaptor huh??
and where u get it?? mind pm me to tell me that??;)

jlpk007 said:

I think u may wan try fitting it with a HOYA len??
i stay Khatib... can come by i let you try mine...
if not may be as what they suggest, sand it off a bit to try..:think:

No need to be so afraid to sand la.. try sanding for around 80seconds will do. Thats wat i do.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.