FZ5... Noise when shaken

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwatchSeow

Jul 7, 2005
Hi guys,

I have just bought a FZ5 a couple of hours ago. Can't stop playing with it since I got home. ;p

I just want to check real fast with bros here if mine set is faulty or something... here goes:

when I off the camera, I can hear some noise when I give the cam a light shake. Is that normal?

But the loose noise is not there when I on the cam with the lens extended. Is there something wrong with my set? Should I go back for a 1-to-1 exchange tonight?

Thanks!!! :)

SwatchSeow said:
Hi guys,

I have just bought a FZ5 a couple of hours ago. Can't stop playing with it since I got home. ;p

I just want to check real fast with bros here if mine set is faulty or something... here goes:

when I off the camera, I can hear some noise when I give the cam a light shake. Is that normal?

But the loose noise is not there when I on the cam with the lens extended. Is there something wrong with my set? Should I go back for a 1-to-1 exchange tonight?

Thanks!!! :)

If everything works fine and the shots come out ok, you don't have to worry too much.
Just don't keep shaking it, or else it will really become spoilt ah... :bsmilie:

Mine too. It may be the OIS, which is a moving mechanism - gyro.

Thanks for your replies.
Guess I don't have to get down to the shop again and get it changed. :)

well is better for you to call and ask better safe then sorry.

how much did you get your fz5 for, and from where? :) planning on getting one soon.

oh ya, and what's the standard uh freebie package like? I got quoted S$630 w/o GST by AP but I do not know what it comes with. any ideas, anyone?

thanks.

schon said:
how much did you get your fz5 for, and from where? :) planning on getting one soon.

oh ya, and what's the standard uh freebie package like? I got quoted S$630 w/o GST by AP but I do not know what it comes with. any ideas, anyone?

thanks.

is with 256mb SD card and camera case.

For goodness sake, why do you need to shake the DC when it's switching off...?

It is stated in the Manual pg.111
Noise caused by internal mechanical movement
when it is shaken. Not a malfunction.

Cheers !

Lucky for u. If not the more u shake. there might be malfunction to ur cam. hehe.. time for brand new cam again. ehe *touch wood*

I agree too. Read on Page 3 of manual:

Care for camera
*Do not shake or cause impact to camera.....

Be careful lah.

Thanks all of your guys for you input.
I am enjoying the every minute with the cam.

Cheers :)

SwatchSeow said:
Thanks all of your guys for you input.
I am enjoying the every minute with the cam.

Cheers :)

happy pressing but not happy shaking

camera built for pressing not for shaking ;)

Hmmm I still rem when I 1st got my cam, i read that page of the manual.. I actually took up the camera to shake to listen see what noise they tokking about...

even when the camera is off,i shake the camera like got noise around the lens,is there something loose there?

Simon_84 said:
even when the camera is off,i shake the camera like got noise around the lens,is there something loose there?

i think should organise a shaking contest :bsmilie: there is no diamond inside too :bsmilie: ...

guys stop shaking your Fz5.... :nono: it is normal for the sound

'anti-shake' doesn't mean for you to shake shake okie haha....

Simon_84 said:

Guess OIS is a gyro, a mech device like a spin top, hence it should still move when power is off.

Funny, somehow all of us din try to call pana to chk out!

hmm, does anyone know whether there would be a better deal for the fz5 at sitex which is being held next week? :)

otherwise I'd have to get the usual S$630 w/o GST at AP or MS colour.

Hmm there's never a deal for cameras at computer fairs. at least, not so far for the last 2 years that I know of.. It's just that they're reduced to normal street price.. Though I heard the last fair one of the panasonic camera prices dropped below market rate by $100 for a few hours..

Sighz I see this thread I always feel like drinking.. it's like.. you know..
I always imagine seeing the title as: Martini... stirred not shaken..

Martin said:
Guess OIS is a gyro, a mech device like a spin top, hence it should still move when power is off.

Funny, somehow all of us din try to call pana to chk out!

called them and check already even their technician deny any sound when the camera is switched off.
but if you listen carefully there is a slight sound when you shake because the inner lens diameter is somewhat a bit smaller than the outer cover lens so as the allow the lens to zoom without much friction and with more ease.

Status
Not open for further replies.