FZ5 heats up quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.

darel

Mar 6, 2005
i've just brought the cam out today to take some shots, and apparently, camera heats up rather quickly, or at least the left section which contains the battery. well i'd like to know if other users experience the warming up. this happens very much in the original and an oem battery as well.

not a worry, it won't explode :bsmilie:

same experience before..

Maybe you're more sensitive to heat? I've only realised that it's a little warm at the handgrip the day before, when I left the cam on for nearly the whole afternoon (minus power-saving) at the zoo.

mine warm up too, especially when using alot of the flash.

my old digital camera too.

i guess it is not a problem since my old camera till now is still in very good condition.

haha okay. thanks for the replies.

well i brought my cam to the zoo where i ended up turning it on and off a lot. the animals seem to do something interesting right after the cam has been powered off. well in terms of battery life, would letting the cam switch itself off using the power save fuction or turning the camera on/off frequently be any different?

not really hot..just the usual mild heat for any device that has been powered on long...
in anycase, keep the battery charged. as a batt power near depletion, heat increases.

Don't think there's much difference. The lens of the FZ5 still retracts to its "OFF" position during power saving. Only difference I'll see is the wear and tear of the sliding power switch. In such situation, I suggest you set the power saving mode to a longer duration, say 5mins. Use the EVF instead of the LCD to conserve some power too!

darel said:
haha okay. thanks for the replies.

well i brought my cam to the zoo where i ended up turning it on and off a lot. the animals seem to do something interesting right after the cam has been powered off. well in terms of battery life, would letting the cam switch itself off using the power save fuction or turning the camera on/off frequently be any different?

huggable said:
Don't think there's much difference. The lens of the FZ5 still retracts to its "OFF" position during power saving. Only difference I'll see is the wear and tear of the sliding power switch. In such situation, I suggest you set the power saving mode to a longer duration, say 5mins. Use the EVF instead of the LCD to conserve some power too!

ah i see. but if i do do that, wouldn't the battery run out much faster. well for a whole day, i seem to get through 2 batteries, the bundled one and another oem one rated at 1500mAh. and according the manual, the use of the EVF only allows for 20 more shots on the bundled battery, so it doesn't really save much power i think. based on the manual at least.

erm it quite cool if you don grip it for too long, but its ok for any battery to heat up during usage

huggable said:

if the fz5 goes into power saving mode, all you have to do is half-press the shutter release.

it'll come back on without using the power switch. :)

yup i exp battery compartment heated up also when shooting continously, so no cause for worry. enjoy it!

Ya, but I realised the time taken to get to standby mode is pretty much the same as when you first switched on the cam using the switch!

schon said:
if the fz5 goes into power saving mode, all you have to do is half-press the shutter release.

maybe in order to conserve just a little bit more power change the lcd and evf bightness setting to the lowest.
switch flash settings to the lowest as well.

schon said:

ohh hehe i nv notice that too.

huggable said:
Ya, but I realised the time taken to get to standby mode is pretty much the same as when you first switched on the cam using the switch!

obviously it would... I thought you were referring to the wearing out of the on-off switch lah.

Status
Not open for further replies.