FZ30 Preview & Samples

Status
Not open for further replies.
This does not look good. The picture shot at ISO160 (#7) seems to have too much noise...:bheart: I hope the problem lies with the photographer, and not the camera itself.

calvinlo said:
This does not look good. The picture shot at ISO160 (#7) seems to have too much noise...:bheart: I hope the problem lies with the photographer, and not the camera itself.

RRP in UK : GBP550

phewwwww, that'll be a whopping S$1,600 !!!!!!!!

Wow... what a leap.

Thought FZ30 was going to be a 6 mega-pixel camera... but voila! It's a 8 mega!

Now the FZ30 can do a whopping 60 seconds shutter! And a LCD that can flip and turn!

Looks like a pretty cool cam. :)

Does it come with Remote shutter?
Can't seem to find the info.

swing123 said:
RRP in UK : GBP550

phewwwww, that'll be a whopping S$1,600 !!!!!!!!
wah...woulldn't it be better to buy the D50 at $1300+ (Peninsula Plaza) ? I think they will launch the price closer to FZ20 price. UK prices are generally way higher than Singapore's.

airconvent said:
wah...woulldn't it be better to buy the D50 at $1300+ (Peninsula Plaza) ? I think they will launch the price closer to FZ20 price. UK prices are generally way higher than Singapore's.
including kit lens?

donchua said:
Does it come with Remote shutter?
Can't seem to find the info.

Yes, it does. See:

http://panasonic.co.jp/pavc/global/lumix/fz30/optional_accessories.html

Seems like the only accessories that can be carried over from the earlier FZ models is the flash and perhaps the SD cards. Don't know if only the "pro high speed" 20mb/sec type can get the speeds in the specs but I think I saw something about that in dpreview.

airconvent said:
I think they will launch the price closer to FZ20 price. UK prices are generally way higher than Singapore's.

wait n see - the Sg price may ended up much higher than FZ20 coz:

- 8MP (the current price slash has not reached 8MP yet, now still at 5MP level - one year ago was at 3-4MP level)
- len with manual zoom and focus (i think this len is much more expensive than FZ20 len)

wkwek said:
Don, check it out here

Thanks, same as FZ20 remote.
Fliter thread 55mm, so can use the Oly Wcon08 & Tcon17 without stepping ring.
If price near to DSLR, might just switch to DSLR instead.

eow said:
including kit lens?

I don't think so.
However, for most manufacturers, lenses for the entry-level is compatible with other bodies in the brand, all the way up to the top of the range pro models. So one can upgrade from the D50 up to the D2X and still use the same lens. Heck, unless it is specially designed for digital, he can also use it on the film F6.
Then one can trade or collect to build up one's "armoury" one at a time.
The best part is for SLR/DSLR there is a whole range of primes and zooms all the way from 10mm wide angle through macro to ultra-telephoto. One doesn't have to change the camera or body when one wants a focal length beyond what is available on a fixed lens camera. Want to try taking out the lens from a Pana FZ and using it on the LC1 or much awaited to-be-seen Pana dSLR? :)

airconvent said:

Ya, I agree with you that UK prices are generally higher but I think the SRP here would be a couple of hundreds higher than the FZ20. I would take US$699 as a SRP price guide. :)

flip out lcd is a welcome addition. still it seems this one cannot be used to take self-portraits. usually thats one situation a flip out lcd is most useful. as far as flipout lcd goes, fz30 is still behind S2 IS. sigh.:cry:

Downloaded the images and I have 2 comments about the image quality:
1. Still too noisy, either on par or even worse than the FZ20. Seems that image noise always increasing as we go from FZ10 to FZ20 and now to FZ30. IMO, 8MP+ is too much to pack into such a small CCD (even though they increase CCD size, density went up), unless if you can do it like Fujifilm's SuperCCD in the F10.
2. In high contrast shots, still get pretty bad blown highlights, ie. low dynamic range. But then, it is no DSLR so that is forgiveable and the RAW file format should help a lot if one is willing to do PP.

My verdict: the FZ30 does look like a dream P&S superzoom on paper with all the fantastic handling features such as the speed, zoom and focusing ring, etc. But if image quality is of concern to you, hold on to your FZ10/20, no point upgrading.

Just my 2cents worth.

Oh, so looking forward to this fz30, hope that they are able to improve the image quality before it being officially released.

I'm a DSLR user too and when comparing the DSLR 6MP to FZ20's 5MP, there is no comparison at all. One of the reasons is that the resolution of a DSLR is 150dpi when FZ20's is 72dpi thus making the picture noisy/grainy. I may be wrong here, but I'm quite sure this is the reason.

;p ;p ;p ;p
waiting for................:think:

saifulbahar said:
Oh, so looking forward to this fz30, hope that they are able to improve the image quality before it being officially released.

I'm a DSLR user too and when comparing the DSLR 6MP to FZ20's 5MP, there is no comparison at all. One of the reasons is that the resolution of a DSLR is 150dpi when FZ20's is 72dpi thus making the picture noisy/grainy. I may be wrong here, but I'm quite sure this is the reason.

dpi dont make a diff. dpi is for print usage...

Status
Not open for further replies.