FZ3 or FZ5

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigletnpiggy

Mar 19, 2005
Hi,

I am new to Clubsnap, and would like to get some advice from you all.

I am looking to get either the FZ3 or the FZ5. I would like to get the new camera before my holiday trip in mid april, so not sure if the FZ5 will out by then? Perhaps Keith can help me out here, any idea if it might be out 1st week of april?

If not, then it leaves the FZ3, but not sure if it might be silly to get the old one now since the is already the new FZ5.

Have read that the FZ3 is suppose to have the better lense, but the FZ5 is 5 MP. I currently have a 3 MP camera, would it make sense to get the similar FZ3?

As you can see, i am weighing many pros and cons.. Please help! :confused:

Last question..any thoughts on the LZ2 as well?

Thanks a million :)

pigletnpiggy said:
Hi,

I am new to Clubsnap, and would like to get some advice from you all.

I am looking to get either the FZ3 or the FZ5. I would like to get the new camera before my holiday trip in mid april, so not sure if the FZ5 will out by then? Perhaps Keith can help me out here, any idea if it might be out 1st week of april?

If not, then it leaves the FZ3, but not sure if it might be silly to get the old one now since the is already the new FZ5.

Have read that the FZ3 is suppose to have the better lense, but the FZ5 is 5 MP. I currently have a 3 MP camera, would it make sense to get the similar FZ3?

As you can see, i am weighing many pros and cons.. Please help! :confused:

Last question..any thoughts on the LZ2 as well?

Thanks a million :)

Actually, if you can afford to wait for the FZ5 it will be better, since u hv a 3MP camera currently. But if you really think your holidays trip picture will look better on a new FZ3 by all means go and get it now. Esp, with that 12X zoom features u can take lots of closeup pic that u can't take with 3X. However, if you are mainly taking scenery, or family photos, I suggest u bring along your current camera. It shld be sufficient to bring back some nice pictures for u.

I was told during the IT show that FZ5 will only come in to Singapore around July.

Not sure if you can wait till then...

actually, the 3MP output of the FZ3 already enough for 8R. so if that's all you need, it is a good choice, esp considering the clearance prices now.

Hi all..

Thanks for your posts and replies..

I went to MS colour today about 630pm and had a look around..they din have the FZ3 anymore and was showing me the FZ20... so i left my number with them as the guy told me that the FZ5 is suppose to reach them today..but the delivery had not arrived.

So i left and about 8pm, they called to say that the stock was here :)

So probably will get the FZ5 after all...

So for those of you who are looking ti get the FZ5 too... can go to MS colour oredi and the guy quoted me 690 for the standard package, no freebies...

Thanks!

Cheers :D

Hi all...

Thanks for everyone who gave me their input..

Have just got my FZ5 from MS Colour...

Quite happy with it... looking forward to some great pictures with it :cool:

pigletnpiggy said:
Hi all...

Thanks for everyone who gave me their input..

Have just got my FZ5 from MS Colour...

Quite happy with it... looking forward to some great pictures with it :cool:

is the price of 690 with GST or without?

nad said:
is the price of 690 with GST or without?

Sent equote to MS Color!!
I received equote from MS Color $635 before GST & free case, cleaning kit with
lcd protector for FZ5!!
pigletnpiggy, you never use equote??

Hi,

Don : yea i went directly down to MS..he did give me a case in the end, but it was some old stock that was suppose to be for the FZ1.. so not much difference...yea i think you got a good deal with the equote... quite new to all this, so din know can get better deal this way...

Someone else was asking abt the LZ2.. i think the shipment may have come in together with the FZ5..perhaps you can call them to check :)

yes $690 include GST already..

pigletnpiggy said:
Hi,

Don : yea i went directly down to MS..he did give me a case in the end, but it was some old stock that was suppose to be for the FZ1.. so not much difference...yea i think you got a good deal with the equote... quite new to all this, so din know can get better deal this way...

Someone else was asking abt the LZ2.. i think the shipment may have come in together with the FZ5..perhaps you can call them to check :)

Now you know equote price will always be cheaper and with some freebies too.
Walk in price will be higher and maybe no or not as much freebies as equote.
Florence is the lady who did all the equotes and she had also confirmed my
above statements.
Above is base on equote from MS Color. Other shops might differ.
So for your next cam upgrade, get an equote. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.