FZ28! nothing new?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the sensor is a whiny tiny larger than that of a fz18, sadly it is 10MP now... seems like pana trying to get all the compact to hit the magic double digi.

and did i see anything wrong? on the spec sheet, i saw ccd-shift and mega OIS together. :sweat:

panasonic's OIS is actually the videocam type right? got extra ring of image sensors that's used to buffer the "shake".

anyway looks quite good from the casual day shots..

sigh and I was just deciding on the Oly 570UZ........... which is wider and further, but uses xD (zero reliability/robustness).

anyway from pic02 can see that they're still using big NR, look at the faces, the pixels are really BIG ;p
but shrunk to A3 all looks magnificent

panasonic's OIS is actually the videocam type right? got extra ring of image sensors that's used to buffer the "shake".

anyway looks quite good from the casual day shots..

sigh and I was just deciding on the Oly 570UZ........... which is wider and further, but uses xD (zero reliability/robustness).
as far as i know, all the previous lumix cam uses OIS which is lens based.

The resolution of the EVF and the LCD is bigger

yeah all spec upgrades only... nothing optical
was hoping to get 20x

Oh thank you so much Panasonic. I can save my money for something else. :bsmilie:

I was wonder can the zoom be used when recording movies? It seem now only the FZ30/50 & TZ11/15 have these feature. Any thoughts?

Yes, the FZ28 supports zoom while taking movies. I think one key change is the position of the live-review button. It's not at the dial now, but near the grip. Still wondering if that's good...I do know that putting at the dial is an inconvenience for me.

nobody interested?
wow I just compared the 570's samples against the fz28's... the fz28 is much better for far shots but closeups/macros the 570 is better... so strange.

Any one knows when will this baby be available? I'm quite interested to upgrade my camera... :thumbsup:

nobody interested?
wow I just compared the 570's samples against the fz28's... the fz28 is much better for far shots but closeups/macros the 570 is better... so strange.

I'm new to this but would a close up lens help improve quality?

So the question is..
This or LX3?
I'm still undecided...

go to dc watch and check it out for yourself.

close-up lens will just make it worse lol

go to dc watch and check it out for yourself.

close-up lens will just make it worse lol
actually it might with a high quality filter, since one doesn't have to do close focusing at the widest end anymore, thus removing the macro weakness of the original lens. but all this are just guessing

I think the sensor size & high megapixels may be an issue for the FZ28.

Doesn't most cameras of this grade nowadays suffer the same issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.