Status
Not open for further replies.

Allan Teo

Jun 3, 2004
iso100.jpg

ISO 100, F5 , Aperature priority mode- Needs PS to reduce highlights. Tripod
in-camera Jpeg

macroic100-1.jpg

F8, ISO 100, In camera Jpeg, Stacked Raynox 150+250. Manual Focus.

iso100P1000219-1.jpg

F8,ISO 100 In camera Jpeg 18X + Olympus 1.7 TC attached with masking tape
Backlit Subject

iso400fcam.jpg

Same subject but at ISo 400, 18X zoom. Backlit, F8, Attaching an OLY TC makes a big
difference.

All photos on Tripod: This is a great camera most people.

Allan

Last edited:
Great photos Allan!

I was under the impression that 2 stacked Marco lenses would have been much bigger though.

And Woah, you're willing to masking tape a TCON down to the camera? I think thats crazy but good picture anyway, surprised that the ISO400 looks abit better than the ISO100 with TCON, but maybe its too small to tell.

Wheres this anyway? Bird park?

Great photos Allan!

I was under the impression that 2 stacked Marco lenses would have been much bigger though.

And Woah, you're willing to masking tape a TCON down to the camera? I think thats crazy but good picture anyway, surprised that the ISO400 looks abit better than the ISO100 with TCON, but maybe its too small to tell.

Wheres this anyway? Bird park?

Hi
Basically the limits of this camera is being pushed here. These subjects in these
photos are the most difficult - White birds at the bird park in harsh or backlit situations.
I think this camera wil do well in the general category, lot of fun for a lot of ordinary people ..

The In Camera noise reduction is very good. The raw photos at ISO 400
is quite noisy but there are enough details so that the in-camera processing
can achieve good results.

I would leave the Auto-ISO on, it does its job quite well.

The internal Thread around the lens is 46mm. In case anyone needs to know
The external thread is non-standard , I could not determine what it is, a caliper
measure it to be around 53mm.

Any TCON will make the picture softer a bit. The Oly Tcon is one of the best
around.

Allan

Last edited:
Hi
Basically the limits of this camera is being pushed here. These subjects in these
photos are the most difficult - White birds at the bird park in harsh or backlit situations.
I think this camera wil do well in the general category, lot of fun for a lot of ordinary people ..

The In Camera noise reduction is very good. The raw photos at ISO 400
is quite noisy but there are enough details so that the in-camera processing
can achieve good results.

I would leave the Auto-ISO on, it does its job quite well.

The internal Thread around the lens is 46mm. In case anyone needs to know
The external thread is non-standard , I could not determine what it is, a caliper
measure it to be around 53mm.

Any TCON will make the picture softer a bit. The Oly Tcon is one of the best
around.

Allan

The body's thread is actually 55.8mm, the DMW-LA3 brings it down to 55mm for a standard fit.

I'm actually considering modifying and stacking my TCON, maybe with a Raynox 2.2X to get a close to 4X Tele conversion. ^^ I don't know how would that work out though.

Anyway do you care to explain what picture 2 is? I know its a bug, but the environment looks weird, whats the blue and pink stuff?

I'm also looking for marco lenses, whats the difference between DCR150 and 250? besides the maginifcation. It seems like 150 has a different focusing length, double of the 250, and they can only be used in full zoom settings?

I'm sorry if I am asking too many question! thanks in advance!

The body's thread is actually 55.8mm, the DMW-LA3 brings it down to 55mm for a standard fit.

I'm actually considering modifying and stacking my TCON, maybe with a Raynox 2.2X to get a close to 4X Tele conversion. ^^ I don't know how would that work out though.

Anyway do you care to explain what picture 2 is? I know its a bug, but the environment looks weird, whats the blue and pink stuff?

I'm also looking for marco lenses, whats the difference between DCR150 and 250? besides the maginifcation. It seems like 150 has a different focusing length, double of the 250, and they can only be used in full zoom settings?

I'm sorry if I am asking too many question! thanks in advance!

A) the camera does not have a Shutter Release Remote control.. This means You have to press the timer button and set it each time (It seems not sticky) then wait for the pic to be taken.. Shutter lag is over 1 second for jpeg and 3++ seconds for Raw+jpeg

B) The FZ28 with Raynox is used in WIDE mode.. You purchase from Mcgill as a pair with 2 adaptors and 1 Ring adaptor Tele cannot be used as the lens will HIT the raynox and the camera wants you to Cycle Power when it senses a lens hit. The set has the 150 and the 250.

C) The bug is a DEAD WASP from India attached to a pink Silicon Tubing Clip.
I keep these for DOF testing. Its been dead for a few years hence the mould.

D) The more U stack ,the MORE LIGHT you need. So U need another adaptor around
the whole lens like using a Sunblitz LED LIGHT.

Allan

Just wan to knw how do your test a camera in a shop ? What do your test for? If i'm getting the fz-28.

Thank You =)

Just wan to knw how do your test a camera in a shop ? What do your test for? If i'm getting the fz-28.
Thank You =)

1) First thing I would do is to put on the lens cap and then set it to manual
and take a 5 second shot at ISO 100 an at ISO 800 and try to turn OFF noise
reduction - Maybe you cannot - better to Download the FZ28 Manual BEFORE YOU
go to the shop and see what you can do.

2) Look at the black photo.. do you see any White spots? Thats a dead pixel(s)
so that camera goes back on the shelf.

3) Bring a piece of A4 white paper and something to hold it up
3.1) Use manual focus and ensure the paper is out of focus to get you a nice
consistent white blur..

4) Use F8 macro mode ,Aperature priority use the flash if not bright enough

5) Zoom into the photo and check for dirty spots (Your paper must be clean of course)
This test checks for Stains on the CCD. (I used to bring my laptop and use a
image editor with Auto-levels)

I used this test on the Olympus E DSLR series and every single camera had some
stains on it, I was really upset at that time. I had to clean it off myself since
i could not find a single oly DSLR in the shop that was clean.

Anyway its up to you, I don't think many shops will allow you to do
a lot of testing. After changing the second set their face turns black
and wants you out of the shop. :)

6) Dont go to the shops at busy periods, they will NOT entertain you. Most shops only
want to sell. Any problem you go back to panasonic.

7) early production releases of most products will have lots of covered up defects. As
production increases these defects will become much less over time.

Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.