FZ20 with Raynox Adapter


Status
Not open for further replies.

funtasy

Senior Member
Sep 19, 2002
1,233
0
36
Visit site
#1
Bought a Raynox Adapter RT5264P while I was in Hong Kong. On it's own, the adapter is 52mm filter size. I am using a step up ring 52-55mm for use with a 55mm filter and at same time retained the use of the original Lumix lens cap.

 

LifeWorld

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
2,324
0
0
East Coast
lifeworld.multiply.com
#2
To what I know, 72mm allows more light. At 52mm, does it reduces light entering it? What about vignetting? Could you test it by shooting with and without adapter, on same scene same lighting?
 

nad

New Member
Nov 18, 2004
443
0
0
Planet Earth
#3
Yep, I am curious about vignetting issue too.

I have quite a no. of 52mm filters that I have since way back when using Nikon SLR with Nikon lens.

Will be great if I can get this so I can use my 52mm filters and polariser. Lens cap not a problem as I have a couple of 52mm lens cap. 72mm filters are expensive! :)

Anyone know if this Raynox is available in Singapore and where?

Funtasy, how much did you get it for in HK?
 

Zenten

Deregistered
Jun 13, 2004
9,845
8
38
#4
LifeWorld said:
To what I know, 72mm allows more light. At 52mm, does it reduces light entering it? What about vignetting? Could you test it by shooting with and without adapter, on same scene same lighting?
I have been using the Raynox adapter for my FZ10 and FZ20. Vignetting? No way!!! The adapter is designed in such a way that the 52mm opening comes right to the edge of the extended lens and the 52mm adapter opening more than exceeds the lens diameter of the FZ10/20.

A smaller mount diameter also means cheaper lens accessories for the FZ10/20. The Raynox 5264P is a solid and well designed adapter. :thumbsup:
 

funtasy

Senior Member
Sep 19, 2002
1,233
0
36
Visit site
#6
Paid 160 Hong Kong dollars which is approx S$34. Here are 2 pictures taken with adapter and a 52mm filter and without the adapter.

Without Adapter




With Adapter

 

azul123

Senior Member
Dec 4, 2004
2,776
0
0
Eastern Bloc
#7
littledigitalartist said:
how much and where can we get it???
me just got my fz20 YESTERDAY!!!!
I have just sold my FZ20 and now have my Phayee adapter available if you are interested, this was bought only 2-3weeks ago.

Have the following:
1) Phayee adpater set comes with 72mm cap (free)
2) 62mm cap with string
3) Sigma Hood
4) 62mm-55mm step-down ring

Willing to let go a reasonable price, getting me a D70 as replacement. ;p

PM me if interested.

../azul123
 

Zenten

Deregistered
Jun 13, 2004
9,845
8
38
#8
littledigitalartist said:
how much and where can we get it???
me just got my fz20 YESTERDAY!!!!
Got it on Ebay USA for about U$28.50 - (incl. freight). :think:
 

Zenten

Deregistered
Jun 13, 2004
9,845
8
38
#9
azul123 said:
I have just sold my FZ20 and now have my Phayee adapter available if you are interested, this was bought only 2-3weeks ago.

Have the following:
1) Phayee adpater set comes with 72mm cap (free)
2) 62mm cap with string
3) Sigma Hood
4) 62mm-55mm step-down ring

Willing to let go a reasonable price, getting me a D70 as replacement. ;p

PM me if interested.

../azul123
I was also very tempted to get a dslr, but shelving the idea as I feel the FZ20 has many options that I have yet to fully utilise. BTW, very few DSLR fitted with standard lens can come close to the F2.8 wide to telezoom of the FZ10/20. Some of the pics taken by our FZ users (maybe not mine) can speak for themselves. One word to describe the Leica lens - SHARP! :thumbsup:
 

azul123

Senior Member
Dec 4, 2004
2,776
0
0
Eastern Bloc
#10
Zenten said:
I was also very tempted to get a dslr, but shelving the idea as I feel the FZ20 has many options that I have yet to fully utilise. BTW, very few DSLR fitted with standard lens can come close to the F2.8 wide to telezoom of the FZ10/20. Some of the pics taken by our FZ users (maybe not mine) can speak for themselves. One word to describe the Leica lens - SHARP! :thumbsup:
I am just a novice, but I have been thinking about whether I should invest further on the FZ20 accessories if I plan to upgrade to DSLR in the near term.

I am taking a basic photography class and I have a classmate that is using the D70 and so far what I am seeing and hearing is that it is always better than my FZ20.

So before I spend more money on the FZ20, I have decided to move on to D70 now rather than later and put money into the D70 instead on the FZ20.

You maybe right that the FZ20 could do alot but I think the D70 can do more and I can only trust what my instructor says and also my observation on the results I see between the 2 cameras. I took 2 weeks to observe between them to reach this conclusion, this may not be the most intelligent way to choose but I don't want to further waste time and money and have to make a decision.

../azul123
 

Jediyam

New Member
Dec 18, 2004
38
0
0
Buona Vista
#11
azul123 said:
I have just sold my FZ20 and now have my Phayee adapter available if you are interested, this was bought only 2-3weeks ago.

Have the following:
1) Phayee adpater set comes with 72mm cap (free)
2) 62mm cap with string
3) Sigma Hood
4) 62mm-55mm step-down ring

Willing to let go a reasonable price, getting me a D70 as replacement. ;p

PM me if interested.

../azul123

How much? I'm looking for this. Check your PM! :gbounce:
 

LifeWorld

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
2,324
0
0
East Coast
lifeworld.multiply.com
#12
funtasy said:
Paid 160 Hong Kong dollars which is approx S$34. Here are 2 pictures taken with adapter and a 52mm filter and without the adapter.

Without Adapter




With Adapter

These are at full wide? With adapter, It looks ok to me.
However, It's too late to me liao! Coz I just arrived in Sabah.....
Can only buy it next time. :cry:
 

funtasy

Senior Member
Sep 19, 2002
1,233
0
36
Visit site
#13
LifeWorld said:
These are at full wide? With adapter, It looks ok to me.
However, It's too late to me liao! Coz I just arrived in Sabah.....
Can only buy it next time. :cry:
Yes they were taken at the widest angle and stop down to aperture f8
 

Jack Chen

Senior Member
Sep 14, 2004
739
0
16
East
www.flickr.com
#14
Owners' of FZ20, Don mind kindly let me know how much does FZ20 cost? I've seen the posting by a few users of FZ20, very impressive :think: I may consider this... ;p
 

nad

New Member
Nov 18, 2004
443
0
0
Planet Earth
#15
funtasy said:
Yes they were taken at the widest angle and stop down to aperture f8
Funtasy or any FZ20 users out there, any chance anyone going to Japan or Hongkong soon? We MUST have a MO for the Raynox adaptor!! :D

I am serious about it. ;p
 

funtasy

Senior Member
Sep 19, 2002
1,233
0
36
Visit site
#16
nad said:
Funtasy or any FZ20 users out there, any chance anyone going to Japan or Hongkong soon? We MUST have a MO for the Raynox adaptor!! :D

I am serious about it. ;p
Can buy through eBay. There is one here:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43441&item=3860605277&rd=1&ssPageName=WD1V.
It will cost about S$44 inclusive of shipping. The seller probably will ship to Singapore as they are shipping to Australia.
 

ptred

New Member
Nov 9, 2004
35
0
0
#17
nad said:
Funtasy or any FZ20 users out there, any chance anyone going to Japan or Hongkong soon? We MUST have a MO for the Raynox adaptor!! :D

I am serious about it. ;p
As they always say.. BUY BUY BUY
 

spiderman

New Member
Oct 28, 2004
308
0
0
Jurong
#18
I am using a RT5264P too. Not so good to be frank........but VERY VERY GOOD!!!! I do not use the Lumix original lens cap but a normal one that came with Raynox, I bought a package with a Raynox MC lens and a Raynox Polarized filter(the Raynox PLP-P20 package). No vignetting at all and like Zenten says, 52mm lens and filters are much cheaper. Even the Nikon lens 3T & 4T (both 52mm, tell you a secret people..... I've ordered both of them and coming soon!!! :gbounce: ) are cheaper than Nikon 6T & 5T(both 62mm).
 

josho

Senior Member
Nov 27, 2004
2,110
0
0
37
Jln Teck Whye
pboong.com
#19
Jack Chen said:
Owners' of FZ20, Don mind kindly let me know how much does FZ20 cost? I've seen the posting by a few users of FZ20, very impressive :think: I may consider this... ;p

I got mine at MAX PHOTO at Pagoda St. (China Town). Take the train to China Town MRT, go up by Pagoda St. Once u out, turn left. MAX PHOTO is in the shop houses. U can see it clearly.

They are selling S$950.00. U can pay by instalment using ur credit card (will be alittle higher).

Aint sure places like MS , CP, AP .. But Best Denki, you can get it at S$1099 (With Hire Purchases if you dun have credit card but it's 1 week approval)
Good luck. :sweatsm:
 

nad

New Member
Nov 18, 2004
443
0
0
Planet Earth
#20
spiderman said:
I am using a RT5264P too. Not so good to be frank........but VERY VERY GOOD!!!! I do not use the Lumix original lens cap but a normal one that came with Raynox, I bought a package with a Raynox MC lens and a Raynox Polarized filter(the Raynox PLP-P20 package). No vignetting at all and like Zenten says, 52mm lens and filters are much cheaper. Even the Nikon lens 3T & 4T (both 52mm, tell you a secret people..... I've ordered both of them and coming soon!!! :gbounce: ) are cheaper than Nikon 6T & 5T(both 62mm).
where did you buy your RT5264P from?
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom