FZ20 + UV and CP filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

LifeWorld

Jan 18, 2002
East Coast
lifeworld.multiply.com
It's a hot weekend! Hot and sunny with drifting cloud. Decided to take a bluesky shot with FZ20 + UV and CP filters. To avoid vignetting, I zoom-in to fl:14.70mm.

And if you can spot it, there's a fairy riding a dragon!!! :bigeyes:
Pic with exif data intact and no post processing, no cropping. Just resized.

John Teoh

Staff member
Oct 16, 2004
Tampines, Singapore, Singapore
Ya... very hot... went out to take some shots at about 5 something to 6 plus, still felt the heat... OT: Just wonder can we use the UV and CP together? I notice my UV filter like can fit another filter onto it.

Cheers
John

donkuok

Oct 11, 2004
Perth, Australia
John Teoh said:
Ya... very hot... although I go about 5 something to 6 plus, still can feel the heat... OT: Just wonder can we use the UV and CP together? I notice my UV filter like can fit another filter onto it.

Cheers
John
Yup..no problem..you can do filter stacking at any sequence but beware of vignetting

John Teoh

Staff member
Oct 16, 2004
donkuok said:
Yup..no problem..you can do filter stacking at any sequence but beware of vignetting
Ok. Will try that the next round. To think that I still took out the UV and put the CP :bsmilie:

Cheers
John

donkuok

Oct 11, 2004
Perth, Australia
John Teoh said:
Ok. Will try that the next round. To think that I still took out the UV and put the CP :bsmilie:

Cheers
John
Better not to remove the UV lens as to protect the Leica lens from dust.

LifeWorld

Jan 18, 2002
East Coast
lifeworld.multiply.com
John Teoh said:

Cheers
John
The UV filter is permanently fit to adapter. Never remove it for fear of dust!!!
Just add the close-up lens or CP filter as and when required....

John Teoh

Staff member
Oct 16, 2004
LifeWorld said:
The UV filter is permanently fit to adapter. Never remove it for fear of dust!!!
Just add the close-up lens or CP filter as and when required....
Actually... I just noticed today after I changed back from CP to UV :embrass:

Cheers
John

donkuok

Oct 11, 2004
Perth, Australia
John Teoh said:
Actually... I just noticed today after I changed back from CP to UV :embrass:

Cheers
John
nevermind..we all learn from lesson :bsmilie:

Nov 2, 2004
Where did you guys brought the Uv Lens Filter and CP filter?
i need to get one to protect my lens from dust!!

happytikus

Sep 21, 2004
East Side
Hmmm... You might be interested to know that there's a school of thought saying that we shouldn't permanently attach the UV lens. Doing that is suppose to affect picture quality.

So they suggest the ND filter for protection. Refer to page 102 of your manual.

ps. I personally keep the UV filter on, just thought you might want to know the above info. :blah:

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
Planet Nikon
Depending on the thread size, the brand and type of UV filter you want, they can range from $8 to $120.

If you folks are afraid of vignetting, you can get slim CPs, it should not vignette on top of a UV.

LifeWorld

Jan 18, 2002
East Coast
lifeworld.multiply.com
espn said:
Depending on the thread size, the brand and type of UV filter you want, they can range from $8 to $120.

If you folks are afraid of vignetting, you can get slim CPs, it should not vignette on top of a UV.
Alamak! I should have consulted espn first. Mine got vignetting at wide. Must be thicker lens one....

Is the thin lens one expensive?

Nov 2, 2004
espn said:

hmmm..
i got my 72 mm Uv lens for 39. did i kena chop chop? lol

Nov 2, 2004
LifeWorld said:
Kana duck-chop liao! Just kidding la. Yours could be good quality one.........
Bot mine $12 Raydawn brand made in Japan.
wah! sian! mine Konix oso made in japan! ur 12 mine 38! knn i think kenna chop liao.

ETboy

Aug 11, 2004
rubberduckie_sg said:
wah! sian! mine Konix oso made in japan! ur 12 mine 38! knn i think kenna chop liao.
same la... mine also konix... but i think mine was like 20 + coz i buy together with my camera and bargain with the old uncle..

coldman

May 12, 2004
my house
ETboy said:
same la... mine also konix... but i think mine was like 20 + coz i buy together with my camera and bargain with the old uncle..
my one tokina, cost $35. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom