FZ20 price increased!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LifeWorld

Jan 18, 2002
East Coast
lifeworld.multiply.com
I happened to come across this thread

It's not only in USA, UK, or Australia. Other parts of the world too!!
And online sites too............

Prize of FZ20 has increased.............

This is in contrast to other popular brands falling price :think: !!!

Panasonic Japan can't cope with World demand, I think........ It's X'mas you know?

Again, it could be rumours!!! :dunno:

josho said:
SO, could it be a good sign or bad? :think:

For those who already own the FZ20, it is a good sign. As for the rest, hard luck.

is it?? im able to get one at 920.... on order.. yet to get it... looking forward.. welcome me to the panasonic family soon guys.!!!!

littledigitalartist said:
is it?? im able to get one at 920.... on order.. yet to get it... looking forward.. welcome me to the panasonic family soon guys.!!!!

$920, you shall wait longer lor. Perhaps after X'mas! :blah:

Just kidding..... Hope you join us soon!!! :cheers:

littledigitalartist said:

920 bet u cant get any freebies like memory cards, extra battery, camera case, cleaning kit. Mebe not yet count GST oso :nono:

koolkat said:
920 bet u cant get any freebies like memory cards, extra battery, camera case, cleaning kit. Mebe not yet count GST oso :nono:
Really? Was at Alan Photo in Funan today and was quoted $890 (initially $900) without GST by a teenage looking staff.

With 256mb card some more. :angel:

Was quite shocked so I checked with him again if he's quoting for the FZ20 -- and not the FZ10 which was on display -- and he answered a resounding "Yes. FZ20". :eek:

We didn't buy though. Was asking on behalf of a friend. :sweatsm:

PS: Other items I checked were D70 at $1620 and 7D @ 23xx (can't remember the xx)

:Later,

Pinoy said:
Really? Was at Alan Photo in Funan today and was quoted $890 (initially $900) without GST by a teenage looking staff.

With 256mb card some more. :angel:

Was quite shocked so I checked with him again if he's quoting for the FZ20 -- and not the FZ10 which was on display -- and he answered a resounding "Yes. FZ20". :eek:

We didn't buy though. Was asking on behalf of a friend. :sweatsm:

PS: Other items I checked were D70 at $1620 and 7D @ 23xx (can't remember the xx)

:Later,

Then better grab before he changes his mind :)

Thinking real hard between this cam and a DSLR. Anyone has the same problem? The best solution is to have both, but no $$$.

Panzer said:
Thinking real hard between this cam and a DSLR. Anyone has the same problem? The best solution is to have both, but no $$$.

Why DSLR? Why not FZ20? What lenses are planning to buy with your DSLR and how much is the whole package going to cost you? What are you planning to use your camera for? Got $$$$$$$$ to spare?

Now tell me, do you still want to buy DSLR? :think:

Zenten said:
Why DSLR? Why not FZ20? What lenses are planning to buy with your DSLR and how much is the whole package going to cost you? What are you planning to use your camera for? Got $$$$$$$$ to spare?

Now tell me, do you still want to buy DSLR? :think:

Is FZ20 as good as a DSLR with a fixed 28-400mm lens? I am currently using Nikon SLR so my current accessories such lenses and flash could be used with D70, if I were to switch to DSLR. I like the versatility of a DSLR but then again, I am only a "social" photographer.

Panzer said:
Is FZ20 as good as a DSLR with a fixed 28-400mm lens? I am currently using Nikon SLR so my current accessories such lenses and flash could be used with D70, if I were to switch to DSLR. I like the versatility of a DSLR but then again, I am only a "social" photographer.

IMHO I think you get what you pay for lor. One thing for sure, the FZ-20 may be quite bulky but with its weight of 500+ gm I think the FZ-20 is very light for its zoom capability which is 35-420 mm. For your SLR/DSLR, I think the zoom lens itself weighs much more than the whole FZ-20. Just my frank opinion. ;)

eh i am also thinking of buying fz20 :cool: the pic quality i believe is gd enuff for casual shots.. main draw is the zoom range.

I've got an FZ20 for sale that you might wnat for christmas. purchased only on the 19th or 20th oct 2004... its new.

includes... all accessories. 512mb card, spare batt, uv filter, 72mm cap, lowepro nova 2 AW bag and i'll throw in a free QR plate & shoe... with the camera of course - it's black for a cool $950. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.