FZ20 Beeping noise heard on Movie Playback

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarian

Jan 5, 2005
HI,

I just got my new FZ20 Monday (yeah). However, when I rec a movie and play it back I hear a beeping noise in the back ground, very annoying. I tried everything. The only time it lessens is when I use a different SD card. Has anyone had this problem?

I just called Panasonic and they told me to go in the menu and hit REC RESET. I don't have the camera right now and will try it later today. If this doesn't work I will have to send it back, arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jarian

I have done movie recording during my recent trip to China. Has converted to VCD. No beeping sound heard!

Not sure SD card is the cause! I use Kingmax Platinum SD card. What brand are you using?

My SD card in PNY brand. Frogive my ignorance what is VCD. By the way the beeping noise is heard on the camera and my TV during playback.

Jarian

jarian said:
My SD card in PNY brand. Frogive my ignorance what is VCD. By the way the beeping noise is heard on the camera and my TV during playback.

Jarian

VideoCD la! The 30fps movie is very.....smooth on TV,,,,,, :thumbsup:

jarian said:

Jarian

:bigeyes: could you be one of the new gen kids who only know DVD? :sweat:

:sweatsm: :sweatsm: :sweatsm:

Not kidding??!! Whats VCD.. Guess it really phrase out till they had DVD in mind.. hehe

Just a joke... hehehe

I had no problem with that as well. U should try change ur SD card and try. If it occur, then u try bring it to the shop and ask for enquiry.

Cheers

josho said:
:sweatsm: :sweatsm: :sweatsm:

Not kidding??!! Whats VCD.. Guess it really phrase out till they had DVD in mind.. hehe

Just a joke... hehehe

I had no problem with that as well. U should try change ur SD card and try. If it occur, then u try bring it to the shop and ask for enquiry.

Cheers

Haven't bought the DVD-RW yet, so stay put with VCD la. Me still lag behind technology!!! :bsmilie:

I dun think its the fault of the SD card. i think you should just bring it to panasonic before its too late. remember that if you have the international warrenty, labour parts is only 3 months i think....you need to change it to local warrenty to bring it to 1 year for labour parts.

Not sure if Jarian is in Singapore or even Asia. Do remember that VCD is not popular outside of Asia. Many Americans and Europeans do not have a clue what a VCD is.

As for movie mode, no problem with my camera or SD card. I'm using Sandisk.

Singapore is slow in technology thats why VCD is still alive. ;p

Lifeworld - Sama sama. I dun have DVD-RW @ home. :sweat:

Seraphim said:
I dun think its the fault of the SD card. i think you should just bring it to panasonic before its too late. remember that if you have the international warrenty, labour parts is only 3 months i think....you need to change it to local warrenty to bring it to 1 year for labour parts.

depending on where you bought it, if it is less than 7 days you should be able to change it esp if the warrenty card not filled.

Hello All

Thanks for your input.

I sent the camera back and I am awaiting my new one. I will also get anew and much bigger SD card.

As an FYI I live in the United States, east Boston!!!!

Jarian

jarian said:
Hello All

Thanks for your input.

I sent the camera back and I am awaiting my new one. I will also get anew and much bigger SD card.

As an FYI I live in the United States, east Boston!!!!

Jarian

Boston should have very nice scene, remember to share some of your photos after you get your new cam back. :)

Will do! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.