fz20 and digital rebel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like the guy doesn't know how to use the 300D... I used the 300D for a year and I'm not disappointed with the results... :think: Maybe he got a bad set...

A 28-300 is used for the tests with the 300D, wide-open or close to wide-open vs the FZ20's lens that's two stops stepped down.

mpenza said:
A 28-300 is used for the tests with the 300D, wide-open or close to wide-open vs the FZ20's lens that's two stops stepped down.
Add on, 28-300 not exactly a good lens to use for testing.

Hahah... looks like all the ex-300D users R defending that cam.. :)

AReality said:

Maybe he should have used a Leica Lens for testing..... but then again at what price? Lumixers are really getting a damned good bargain for their cameras!!!! :bsmilie: :kiss:

AReality said:

put the 28-300 on any DSLR (even 1Ds, D2H, etc) to shoot wideopen and the FZ20 will probably beat it ;p

But that said, Panasonic has really come a long way since their first digital cameras.

AReality said:

Wonder what would the total cost be to get a good lens for the 300D to match FZ20! Not forgetting total weights too........

FZ20 is less than S$1K!!!

just curious, but u guys really think a proconsumer camera can be just as good as an dslr? i too own an FZ20 and agree that it is a superb camera, but the fact that a dslr can focus at faster speed and work on a higher ISO range is 2 very key difference that i dun think it is really logical to compare a dslr with a proconsumer camera. The leica lens is amazing but like all brands, they have different quality in their range of products. just my some of my thoughts.

at this moment i dun feel dslr has been beaten yet....

authmn said:
at this moment i dun feel dslr has been beaten yet....
yup i agree with you! guess that will only change when the CCD of the lumix has been changed. despite what all others say about noise and all the post processing stuff, i own a lumix and i feel that noise is really on a high side and when u compared it with the range of ISO that is workable on dslr, then u know why there are pple who are willing to pay the $$ for a dslr

wiki said:
just curious, but u guys really think a proconsumer camera can be just as good as an dslr? i too own an FZ20 and agree that it is a superb camera, but the fact that a dslr can focus at faster speed and work on a higher ISO range is 2 very key difference that i dun think it is really logical to compare a dslr with a proconsumer camera. The leica lens is amazing but like all brands, they have different quality in their range of products. just my some of my thoughts.
For me, it's very much depend on what I want, or shall I say what is my budget. Don't think the FZ10/20 can perform like the pro dslr, but if the dslr are comparing in the range or capability of the FZ10/20, the later might have a edge over the dslr.
We can't compare just like that, it's no end to it. Just enjoy what the Lumix can give you and maximise the capability like the full 12X zoom with enough light.
I'll shoot what the Lumix cam can perform, that's why I'm enjoying my cam. :lovegrin: , just my 2 cents comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.