Fz10 Symtoms


Status
Not open for further replies.

awongkk

New Member
Mar 1, 2004
260
0
0
49
Tampines
#1
Hi all,

Just got my FZ10 few hours ago, :vhappy: so exited. ;p Had tried a few shoot, but can clearly hear the shuttler sound (some sort of clicking sound), wonder if this is normal ? :dunno:

Any one out there having the same model ? IS this normal. :dunno: :dunno:

Is my first DC, so .. any advise ??? :rbounce:
 

The_Cheat

Senior Member
Jan 19, 2004
2,278
0
0
Singapore
#2
awongkk said:
Hi all,

Just got my FZ10 few hours ago, :vhappy: so exited. ;p Had tried a few shoot, but can clearly hear the shuttler sound (some sort of clicking sound), wonder if this is normal ? :dunno:

Any one out there having the same model ? IS this normal. :dunno: :dunno:

Is my first DC, so .. any advise ??? :rbounce:
I have a FZ1, and if I'm not wrong, it should be the same as FZ10 in regards to the sound. Anyway, scroll through the menu, and set the sound and beep level, if you don't like the sound. Personally, I think the sound make it more like a camera! :D
 

evozero

New Member
Feb 18, 2004
11
0
0
#4
all shutter sounds in digicam [non-DSLR at least] should be electronic

i.e. produced by camera artificially [not by the shutter] to let u know that the shutter has closed

the sound should be ok in your FZ10

volume should be adjustable [or switched off] if u think it's hindering your candid shots, look thru your manual

have fun shooting

12x zoom, biggest around fixed lens digicams [i think]

looks like a SLR [esp. in black]

-----------------------------------------
Setup Menu (same in record or play mode):

Finder - Adjust the EVF brightness
Play on LCD - Show playback images on EVF or LCD
Volume - Internal speaker volume control
Beep - Camera beep sounds, On or Off

Power Save - Auto power off delay, 2m, 5m, 10m, Off
Clock Set - Set the time and date
USB Mode - Mass Storage, PTP / USB Direct-Print, PictBridge
Video Out - Video output signal format, NTSC or PAL
Language - Menu language; English, French, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Japanese
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 

The_Cheat

Senior Member
Jan 19, 2004
2,278
0
0
Singapore
#5
evozero said:
-----------------------------------------
Setup Menu (same in record or play mode):

Finder - Adjust the EVF brightness
Play on LCD - Show playback images on EVF or LCD
Volume - Internal speaker volume control
Beep - Camera beep sounds, On or Off

Power Save - Auto power off delay, 2m, 5m, 10m, Off
Clock Set - Set the time and date
USB Mode - Mass Storage, PTP / USB Direct-Print, PictBridge
Video Out - Video output signal format, NTSC or PAL
Language - Menu language; English, French, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Japanese
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow! Never know that there are so many language options for FZ10. For FZ1, there's only the choice between Japanese and English!
 

awongkk

New Member
Mar 1, 2004
260
0
0
49
Tampines
#6
majere2sg said:
Sorry to OT a bit.. May I know how much did you bought it for ? My friend is thinking of getting a digicam, so I am looking at few options for him and check out the prices... Thanks :D
I bought it at 9XX, I do not know should I broadcast the actual price, but if you r interested, PM me. :nono:
 

awongkk

New Member
Mar 1, 2004
260
0
0
49
Tampines
#7
evozero said:
all shutter sounds in digicam [non-DSLR at least] should be electronic

i.e. produced by camera artificially [not by the shutter] to let u know that the shutter has closed

the sound should be ok in your FZ10

volume should be adjustable [or switched off] if u think it's hindering your candid shots, look thru your manual

have fun shooting

12x zoom, biggest around fixed lens digicams [i think]

looks like a SLR [esp. in black]

-----------------------------------------
Setup Menu (same in record or play mode):

Finder - Adjust the EVF brightness
Play on LCD - Show playback images on EVF or LCD
Volume - Internal speaker volume control
Beep - Camera beep sounds, On or Off

Power Save - Auto power off delay, 2m, 5m, 10m, Off
Clock Set - Set the time and date
USB Mode - Mass Storage, PTP / USB Direct-Print, PictBridge
Video Out - Video output signal format, NTSC or PAL
Language - Menu language; English, French, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Japanese
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've switched off all the sound effect aledi, but the "clicking" sound still there-leh, I remember I did not hear this at the shop when I test it out, ... but maybe the shop too noisy, I did not notice :dunno:

I think maybe I should bring it down to let them check hoh ? :confused:
 

uginz

New Member
Feb 4, 2004
356
0
0
#8
does it have any optional for add on lenses?
 

awongkk

New Member
Mar 1, 2004
260
0
0
49
Tampines
#9
uginz said:
does it have any optional for add on lenses?
Only option to add filters... :( , but I think it's ok for me lah. For adding of lenses, the body alone will cost more then this alredi, eg.. 300D, D70 ? :bsmilie:
 

The_Cheat

Senior Member
Jan 19, 2004
2,278
0
0
Singapore
#10
There's option to add TCON and WCON if you like... however, most probably you would need to step it down a bit! :D
 

awongkk

New Member
Mar 1, 2004
260
0
0
49
Tampines
#11
cheatchu79 said:
There's option to add TCON and WCON if you like... however, most probably you would need to step it down a bit! :D
Sorry-ah brader, what is TCON = Tele, WCON=Wide, :dunno: :dunno:
can eleborate abit or not, ayam new-leh.. :(
 

The_Cheat

Senior Member
Jan 19, 2004
2,278
0
0
Singapore
#12
They are basically converters that could enhance or diminish the zoom to the in-built lens. Do a search on the topics of TCON on this site to find out more. That's how I got to know about it also! :D
 

awongkk

New Member
Mar 1, 2004
260
0
0
49
Tampines
#13
cheatchu79 said:
They are basically converters that could enhance or diminish the zoom to the in-built lens. Do a search on the topics of TCON on this site to find out more. That's how I got to know about it also! :D
OK. I'll check it out.. :bigeyes: Thank You.
 

uginz

New Member
Feb 4, 2004
356
0
0
#14
wat diameter filters can it take?
me thinking of getting it too.
attracted by the 12X optical zoom and anti shake function.
plus it looks like a DSLR ;p
 

dnka

New Member
Apr 16, 2003
293
0
0
Visit site
#15
uginz said:
wat diameter filters can it take?
me thinking of getting it too.
attracted by the 12X optical zoom and anti shake function.
plus it looks like a DSLR ;p
72mm....................
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom