FZ-30, is it avalaible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Saiful,

I asked some shops, none knows exactly when they'll have it.
A friend told me it's another week or so....

Has anyone called Panasonic S'pore ?

I would really like FZ30 to be in my hands before I get to decide to upgrade or stay with my current FZ20, but the manual zoom ring is more then enough to lure me over.. :bsmilie:

rumors that it will cost between SGD$1100-SGD$1300... :bigeyes:

can get dSLR liaoz if 1300++.. :bsmilie:

Saw on the Panasonic website... FZ30 will be launched on the 26th of August

cLarbRyan said:

Think it's meant to compete with Nikon Coolpix 8800 (if they are still selling this model)...

ycchen said:
Saw on the Panasonic website... FZ30 will be launched on the 26th of August

Which website ? I couldn't find any info on the Singapore website :gbounce:

Should I sell off my FZ-10 now??:dunno:

JimDavis said:
Should I sell off my FZ-10 now??:dunno:

Mine oreadi gone...

cLarbRyan said:

haha... don't bluff yourself.. dSLR is a really expensive road to go.

Starters, none of the kit lenses can make it. Nikon kit lens is better? big deal, it just that amongst the lousy lens, the nikon one stands out for being not THAT lousy.
if you want a sharper lens, you must be willing to fork out the $$.

As for $$, apart from my body...
I'm currently very happy with my Sigma 18-50 F2.8 lens, but that costs $900 new.
not to mention the 67mm HMC UV filter i had to get for $35.
and not to mention the $142 sandisk ultra 2 CF card i needed to get. (@ 8mp jpg, 200+ pic only)
and not to mention the $100 on a dry cabinet.
and not to mention the $50+ i have yet to spend on getting a decent sensor cleaning kit, blower, etc.
luckily i got a spare batt as part of my purchase, so i save $20 there..

and the extra $400 for a really lousy 3rd party lens + filter i think i need to spend coz i'm addicted to long range shooting.. most prob F3.5 - 5.6 with soft images..
alternative is $1400 for a medium OK lens, or $2800 for a good lens..
this puts it nearer to the lumix fz of coz..

as it is, i've already spent more than $2000 on my 350D, and still need to spend more b4 i can settle down for a period of time.

EDIT:
I'm sorry, I'm really spoilt by the FZ series, getting good and sharp images. The kit lens can fool those less picky about the images, but i was really disgusted by how soft the images look.

unseen said:
haha... don't bluff yourself.. dSLR is a really expensive road to go.

Starters, none of the kit lenses can make it. Nikon kit lens is better? big deal, it just that amongst the lousy lens, the nikon one stands out for being not THAT lousy.
if you want a sharper lens, you must be willing to fork out the $$.

As for $$, apart from my body...
I'm currently very happy with my Sigma 18-50 F2.8 lens, but that costs $900 new.
not to mention the 67mm HMC UV filter i had to get for $35.
and not to mention the $142 sandisk ultra 2 CF card i needed to get. (@ 8mp jpg, 200+ pic only)
and not to mention the $100 on a dry cabinet.
and not to mention the $50+ i have yet to spend on getting a decent sensor cleaning kit, blower, etc.
luckily i got a spare batt as part of my purchase, so i save $20 there..

and the extra $400 for a really lousy 3rd party lens + filter i think i need to spend coz i'm addicted to long range shooting.. most prob F3.5 - 5.6 with soft images..
alternative is $1400 for a medium OK lens, or $2800 for a good lens..
this puts it nearer to the lumix fz of coz..

as it is, i've already spent more than $2000 on my 350D, and still need to spend more b4 i can settle down for a period of time.

Wah... bro! Relak man! :sweat:

Learn to use what you have first before throwing everything in! The "Buy buy buy" syndrome is one of the worst thing that is somehow advocated in the forum IMHO.

And honestly, if you expect your DSLR to have the versatility of your ex-fz5... Quite hard lah. Of all people I'm sure you'd know that. ;) But go for the things that you know the fz5 can't do.

But I totally understand when you said "addicted to longe range shooting". Haha... I miss my fz20 already. :cry:

LOL that's why i'm settling for a 18-50 1st..
i was really on the verge of getting a 18-200.. but after looking at the images... CMI..

haha dun worry, i spend within my means, go for best performance/price ratio too..
heh dSLR, just need to get 3 keeper lens, the rest can wait till win toto liaoz..
haha i've just got my 1st keeper lens.. can fight with canon L lens somemore.. :)
yeah, and of coz, for canon dSLR, the most amazing thing is the ISO1600 is between FZ5's ISO100-200.. I'm happy enough with that..

the rest mah.. i'll juz borrow from my school until i get enuff $$... haha.. free mah..

heh anyway i saved long long to get $3k to buy stuff.. tot i can get 3 lens + body.. now i realise need about $2k at least for basic setup.. (filters + drybox + memory card)..
heh so will most prob get 1 more lens.. just indulge a lil more..

haha you people going for the Sunday Panasonic event @ Jurong Birdpark? hee I'm getting my FZ5 back (special appearance) just for it.

Hong Jia said:
haaa... so wat now D70s?

DUDE!!! My cam got no ASS... Oops.. I meant "s".:sticktong

I bought cheap cheap 2nd hand one. But the cheap cheap 2nd hand one still caused me to survive on bread & water for 2 months. :hung:

unseen: Canon's 1600 iso = Pana's 200 iso?

I think I'm gonna bring my cam to Nikon for checkup... ;( And I'm still thinking about the 18-200. But most likely not getting it lah... Hearing too many negative remarks about it. :sticktong

Sigh... Did I mention I miss my fz20 already? :cry:

sorry, my bad..
i was talking about the noise level. you have to look hard for noise at iso 400..
heh sighz.. i really miss my FZ5.. 2 days of use of my 350d, i think my muscles got bigger liaoz..

heh anyway in the end, going dSLR is not that much about the body, its the LENS!!!
i miss :
my FZ5.
the reach.
[size=-4]the ability to take photos of pretty girls from far far away[/size]
bird watching/photographing with IS.

unseen said:
sorry, my bad..
i was talking about the noise level. you have to look hard for noise at iso 400..
heh sighz.. i really miss my FZ5.. 2 days of use of my 350d, i think my muscles got bigger liaoz..

heh anyway in the end, going dSLR is not that much about the body, its the LENS!!!
i miss :
my FZ5.
the reach.
[size=-4]the ability to take photos of pretty girls from far far away[/size]
bird watching/photographing with IS.

Bro, you in the same boat as me..;)
But to me, my D50 can do lot of things my FZ20 cannot do, other than
the OIS and 12X f2.8 Zoom..

donchua said:
Bro, you in the same boat as me..;)
But to me, my D50 can do lot of things my FZ20 cannot do, other than
the OIS and 12X f2.8 Zoom..

Start thinking to buy VR lens?? ;)

I smell the 'buy buy buy' virus around the corner liao. It is time Don...it is time for you to get into the lens craze mood liao....

Status
Not open for further replies.