FZ-3 vs Canon Pro IS

Status
Not open for further replies.
FZ 10 better, with 4 mpixel

pawpet said:
FZ 10 better, with 4 mpixel

Just because it's 4 megapixel does not make the FZ 10 a better cam than the Canon Powershor S1 SI. Pixel count is not the deciding factor to say if a cam is better than another.

Same physics like FZ-1/2
Guess another firmware upgrade to allow 3mp + manual .... lower price compared to Canon Pro IS guess ...

redstorm said:
Just because it's 4 megapixel does not make the FZ 10 a better cam than the Canon Powershor S1 SI. Pixel count is not the deciding factor to say if a cam is better than another.

True, the megapixel is not the main factor, however, I think FZ10 is great. Take a look at some of the shots that I shooted during my trip in Australia:

http://img44.photobucket.com/albums/v136/g4056299/AU-WA ;)

guyz.. wat will be the price of fz-3?? is it already out in SG??
if it is out, wat is the price, anyone knoes.. thnx :)

have tried the FZ-10 and found the shutter lag to be quite long, significantly longer than the Fujifilm S602Z I had.

What abt the EVF and image quality?

mpenza said:
have tried the FZ-10 and found the shutter lag to be quite long, significantly longer than the Fujifilm S602Z I had.

jlpk007 said:
got FZ3 already..is it same as FZ2 just that it is 3 mp?

Good day, where you bought it ?? and the price ??

Thank

if you go to that link provided, FZ3 is not out yet. just a pre-order form. doubt it'll be in Sg soon. Panasonic paid lots of money for that FZ10 & LC1 adverts so I don't think they want to waste that money just yet.
I find the FZ10 just too big. FZ1 size is great. As I played and make changes to the settings, the pic looks better and better .....
Features wise Canon S1 has it better. Pic quaity, I find the S1 a tad better than FZ1 ... But I suppose FZ3 should beat S1, having 3mp with Lieca lense. Oh another, the USM zoom on Canon S1 is noiser than FZ1 engine. ;)

nova_nebula said:
if you go to that link provided, FZ3 is not out yet. just a pre-order form. doubt it'll be in Sg soon. Panasonic paid lots of money for that FZ10 & LC1 adverts so I don't think they want to waste that money just yet.
I find the FZ10 just too big. FZ1 size is great. As I played and make changes to the settings, the pic looks better and better .....
Features wise Canon S1 has it better. Pic quaity, I find the S1 a tad better than FZ1 ... But I suppose FZ3 should beat S1, having 3mp with Lieca lense. Oh another, the USM zoom on Canon S1 is noiser than FZ1 engine. ;)
Another consideration is the feeling you have from both camera, someone has made a comparison with both cam, FZ10 still top. As quoted, the Canon S1 worked and felt like a high tech gadget whereas the FZ10 feels more like an old-fashion unit.
You can check the content to judge for yourself.
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1033&message=8437013

Yes, that's what skipped me. FZ1 feels like my 35mm camera :) whereas S1 is like tech toy. ;) I'll keep a look out for the FZ3. ;p

Hi,

I've been using digicams since 1998 and have owned more than 10 since. Though I've used my FZ1 for only 4 months, I've found it to be the most versatile camera on the digicam market now. It is small, light, powerful, and have the full focal range for everyone except the most demanding amatuer/advanced amatuer. 35-420mm is amazing on the quality lens. Not to mention the amazing image stab, you can hand hold it in the most demanding situations without a tripod. What consumer cam can do this? not many, at least not at this price range! Most consumer cams do not allow low light pics unless you use a tripod, which not many point and shoot consumers carry just to take casual candid shots. and for those, its aways disappointing, cos of blur pics. Not with the FZ1. it can do what most consumers frustrate over, low light and blur pics and not ebough ZOOM.

2mp is not a prob, do not be fooled by this. I can print an 8R sized image taken with Fine quality setting with no probs. Its a great walkabout camera, period! Enabling the normal consumer to take pics that they can show off and are excited to print!!!

I will hold on to this camera for a long time. Its one of those must have and must keep cameras in my list.

Hope this helps anyone thinking of getting this great camera.

Thom

Status
Not open for further replies.