FYI: S'pore River Hong Bao, 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

d7t3

Oct 3, 2002
In the Shepherd's hands
Found out that there will be the S'pore River Hong Bao opening ceremony today. See the Cover Story at:
http://www.stb.com.sg/media/nwletter/stn/index.stm

Quote:
"This annual riverside carnival
showcases Chinese traditions
and culture through events
and activities along Marina
Promenade from 30 January
to 15 February (11.00am to
11.00pm).
Handicrafts, carnival games,
snacks and performances by
artistes from Hunan, China,
are some things to look
forward to.
Catch the fireworks display
during the Opening Ceremony
on 30 January (8.00pm) and
on Lunar New Year’s eve on
31 January (midnight)."

Went last nite too (kinda last minute thing)...was positioned at Esplanade Bridge...surprisingly not much people around the area (perhaps coz it was a weekday?). But saw lots of other photographers around waiting patiently for the fireworks to start. It was nice but rather short (around 3-4 mins duration only).

It was my first experience taking fireworks and the shots were kinda disappointing...only 3 or 4 good shots out of 15 or so...but I just treat it as a learning experience...hope to get better results tonite heheh...as djchris said...at least noe where the fireworks gonna shoot from and where is the best position... ;)

So whose going tonite for the River Hongbao thing? Wanna meet up or something?

Are you going to post the pictures up for our viewing...??

Originally posted by Garion
It was my first experience taking fireworks and the shots were kinda disappointing...only 3 or 4 good shots out of 15 or so

Originally posted by ivor
Are you going to post the pictures up for our viewing...??

Umm...haven got my shots uploaded yet...paiseh leh really quite bad. :embrass: Maybe later on kay?

err..never shoot there before...

wher would be good locations to shoot fireworks from the S'pore River Hong bao event?

Hi

What time is the fireworks? 8pm or midnight tonight? Btw where is a good place to shoot?

thxs
min

what settings for the camera, what film do you use for the taking of fireworks? experience...read the article also already...
the fireworks today will be at midnight : )

I thought the Firework was supposed to be last evening... and it was over liao...

Originally posted by Minority
What time is the fireworks? 8pm or midnight tonight? Btw where is a good place to shoot?

Originally posted by tagclieg2
what settings for the camera, what film do you use for the taking of fireworks? experience...read the article also already...
the fireworks today will be at midnight : )

Correct me if I am wrong...

Just read from the zaobao.com mentioned that there is another round of the Firework tonight at midnight...

Originally posted by Minority
Hi

thxs
min
Last nite's fireworks for the opening ceremony were at 8pm. Tonite's one is at 12 midnight.

Good place to shoot...lots of places...the entire stretch of Esplanade Bridge facing the bay, Merlion park, One Fullerton waterfront, Esplanade waterfront. The fireworks should be coming from the big grassy patch of reclaimed land just next to the Benjamin Sheares Bridge. IMO best place to shoot should be Esplanade Bridge and at Esplanade waterfront. But of coz there might be a big crowd there tonite, unlike last nite. So go early to "chope" good places. ;)

Yah its been raining cats and dogs the whole day. :( Hope tonite it would be good weather *crosses fingers*

Originally posted by Garion
Went last nite too (kinda last minute thing)...was positioned at Esplanade Bridge...surprisingly not much people around the area (perhaps coz it was a weekday?). But saw lots of other photographers around waiting patiently for the fireworks to start. It was nice but rather short (around 3-4 mins duration only).

It was my first experience taking fireworks and the shots were kinda disappointing...only 3 or 4 good shots out of 15 or so...but I just treat it as a learning experience...hope to get better results tonite heheh...as djchris said...at least noe where the fireworks gonna shoot from and where is the best position... ;)

So whose going tonite for the River Hongbao thing? Wanna meet up or something?

Go Go Go !!!:D Call me man... i will definately go if theres no rain tonight...and i will sitting down near the Sheares Bridge. (trying to get near the fireworks...)90222022:D

Originally posted by kindred

Go Go Go !!!:D Call me man... i will definately go if theres no rain tonight...and i will sitting down near the Sheares Bridge. (trying to get near the fireworks...)90222022:D

Want to meet up and lets take pic together and have a look at your G3.

Status
Not open for further replies.