FYI: A shop to avoid


Status
Not open for further replies.

Gymrat76

Senior Member
May 10, 2004
1,606
0
0
41
#1
THought I'd share my experience with you guys, especially those who are new and are looking for a camera. Avoid this shop at all cost, even though they are listed as "Authorised distributors" on Nikon's list -avoid!

Link to my post here:

Cheers
 

#2
They also have a branch at Peninsular shopping centre.. Got "conned" there once in buying a teleconvertor for more than twice the price.. was still a newbie at that time.. :angry: After that I learned to check the prices of stuff before I go into any shops.
 

clive

Senior Member
Oct 9, 2002
2,537
0
0
Visit site
#3
lolz..u mean u actually go to lucky plaza this kind of place to look for camera? :bsmilie: haiz.anywae now things over so just let it be =)
 

Gymrat76

Senior Member
May 10, 2004
1,606
0
0
41
#6
clive said:
lolz..u mean u actually go to lucky plaza this kind of place to look for camera? :bsmilie: haiz.anywae now things over so just let it be =)
At the time, everywhere didn't have stock for D70, so I thought I'd try LP since they had a large of "authorised distributors" in the same location.

Its not a matter of letting things be, cause they'll continue to try and con ppl, so at least newbies who come to CS and read this will be aware that even shops which are supposedly "authorised" are not always 100% honest :)
 

Gymrat76

Senior Member
May 10, 2004
1,606
0
0
41
#7
A bit OT, but quite funny: The Nikon guy who replied my email about the shop, then mailed me twice telling me which shops to go buy the D70 from (even without me asking). But when I mailed him and asked him about any comment about the back focus problem in the D70, suddenly quiet already :bsmilie:

GYR
 

#8
haha.... gymrat,not surprising dont u think?

Anyhow, having played with yout d70, any idea how the 300D measures up to the D70? dont mean to start WWIII between the Nikonians and Canonians, but I am considering both at the moment.=)

ALso, apparently some ppl have spoken to me regarding the 300D's Manual mode not being totally manual? anyone has any idea?
 

Gymrat76

Senior Member
May 10, 2004
1,606
0
0
41
#9
drummercow said:
haha.... gymrat,not surprising dont u think?

Anyhow, having played with yout d70, any idea how the 300D measures up to the D70? dont mean to start WWIII between the Nikonians and Canonians, but I am considering both at the moment.=)

ALso, apparently some ppl have spoken to me regarding the 300D's Manual mode not being totally manual? anyone has any idea?
Sorry, can't help you there, as I've never even held the 300D before. To be fair, all the reviews I've read have put the image quality of both cameras at about par with each other, though the 300D can hit ISO100 (D70 is ISO200 lowest). I guess the D70 is better in some ways, like faster flash sync speed etc, then again, the technology is a year ahead of the 300D. From a price point of view, I'd take the D70 over the 300D, if only because I like the look and feel of the D70 more ;)
 

Gymrat76

Senior Member
May 10, 2004
1,606
0
0
41
#11
lol, only found out when I was at another shop after that and they guy told me that they are blacklisted by CASE..
 

Gymrat76

Senior Member
May 10, 2004
1,606
0
0
41
#13
nickmak said:
which thread to go to in order to see blacklisted shops?
Not sure, but I believe they published a list of blacklisted shops in the newspapers some months ago, and I remember one or two LP shops got special mention :)
 

J

Jason H0

Guest
#14
u got to be lucky to go to Lucky Plaza to buy without being chopped by these ah beng / ah seng shops.


clive said:
lolz..u mean u actually go to lucky plaza this kind of place to look for camera? :bsmilie: haiz.anywae now things over so just let it be =)
 

DarkForce

Senior Member
May 1, 2004
1,971
0
0
newbie land
#15
Gymrat76 said:
THought I'd share my experience with you guys, especially those who are new and are looking for a camera. Avoid this shop at all cost, even though they are listed as "Authorised distributors" on Nikon's list -avoid!

Link to my post here:

Cheers
I heard a lots of bad comments on shops at LUCKY PLAZA. Thus never want to go there.
 

Cyberian

Senior Member
Mar 22, 2002
503
1
18
Singapore
gallery.clubsnap.com
#17
Gymrat76 said:
THought I'd share my experience with you guys, especially those who are new and are looking for a camera. Avoid this shop at all cost, even though they are listed as "Authorised distributors" on Nikon's list -avoid!

Link to my post here:

Cheers
$2100 w/o gst is expensive... I got it from MS Color for $2100 with GST.. Normally I'll goto Cathay or MSColor for my camera stuff. Other shop will depends on the recommendation here.
 

Gymrat76

Senior Member
May 10, 2004
1,606
0
0
41
#18
Cyberian said:
$2100 w/o gst is expensive... I got it from MS Color for $2100 with GST.. Normally I'll goto Cathay or MSColor for my camera stuff. Other shop will depends on the recommendation here.
Yep, got mine from CP in the end for $2150, pay by credit card.

Think one shop in LP which is OK (judging from feedbacks) is Lords, the one and only so far
:bsmilie:
 

Minoxman

Deregistered
Feb 27, 2004
390
0
0
#20
Oh like they placed a gun at your head forcing you to buy? A con shop is only a con shop if you let it be one.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom