FX9 tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dingydongy

Jan 11, 2006
Yahoo i'll most likely be getting the Fx9 tomorrow from MS Colour!
They quoted me $596.40(with gst) for the package that includes a 512mb SD card and a original leather case!

Is that a good deal? Any idea if i could get a better deal elsewhere?

Thanks!

i think u can get a better deal by buying cheap discounted best denki vouchers on yahoo auction....
u should find a $700 voucher goin for $620...
then buy it $699 from best denki...

u get 2 x 512 SD cards
case
OEM battery
tripod
cleaning kit
card reader...

isnt that better ?

i ask last sunday $610...price went down liao...

wow sounds like the yahoo way is an excellent deal! May i know where i can get this $699 package? Is it specific to any branch? :)

I think $699 is the normal recommended retail price, in any branches of Best Denki, Harvey Norman or Courts. And traditional camera shops like Alan Photo, Cathay or MSColor will sell at a lower price than the recommended retail price. ($610?)

Astin said:
I think $699 is the normal recommended retail price, in any branches of Best Denki, Harvey Norman or Courts. And traditional camera shops like Alan Photo, Cathay or MSColor will sell at a lower price than the recommended retail price. ($610?)

You forgot to add, at $699, they also throw in more 'freebies', so got to consider the total package.

pop said:
You forgot to add, at $699, they also throw in more 'freebies', so got to consider the total package.
Ok, u are right.
I just got the FX9 (black one) from Alan Photo last night, $600 inc GST, with case and 512M SD card, I then paid extra $50 to upgrade the 512M to 1G SD card, paid $28 for a OEM extra battery.

Astin said:
Ok, u are right.
I just got the FX9 (black one) from Alan Photo last night, $600 inc GST, with case and 512M SD card, I then paid extra $50 to upgrade the 512M to 1G SD card, paid $28 for a OEM extra battery.
my friens ask to get 2 x 512m instead of 1 x 1 G....he told me these cards corrupt easyly is that true?

bobokuku said:
my friens ask to get 2 x 512m instead of 1 x 1 G....he told me these cards corrupt easyly is that true?
These cards dont corrupt easily, unless u soak them in seawater, nail them with hammer, burn them with lighter etc. I prefer 1pc big capacity memory card so I can just leave it in the camera and no worry of losing them elsewhere, personal choice really.

SD cards are more versatile than CF cards...
some say SDs are more water risistant than CFs

dingydongy said:
Yahoo i'll most likely be getting the Fx9 tomorrow from MS Colour!
They quoted me $596.40(with gst) for the package that includes a 512mb SD card and a original leather case!

Is that a good deal? Any idea if i could get a better deal elsewhere?

Thanks!

CP has a slightly cheaper deal, but the difference is abt S$1.

got my fx9!!! Waiting for the batt to charge before i start shooting away!:)

cikgoo said:
SD cards are more versatile than CF cards...
some say SDs are more water risistant than CFs
depends, sd cards r used in pda/hp oso.

water resistant...just be careful. a cf card will sink faster into the abyss though:bsmilie:

dingydongy said:

go,go,go! shoot,shoot, shoot! :bsmilie:

been playing with it for the past hour! the video function is great haha! never did know that pns cams can deliver such nice video quality! the 1 good thing about a pns over a dslr! my km5d sure can't do that haha

dingydongy said:
congrat..........

just a little update, fx9 rocks! the OIS is working..i'm able to take shots at 1/4s without much degradation in quality! I think its as good as the KM5d's Anti shake!

how you do fix this setting on FX9 ??

Huh? what setting do u mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.