FX9 at $749.. worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyn_amo

Jul 31, 2005
went to comex and saw fx9 selling at $749 but wif quite alot of freebies.. eg: 1 x 512mb, 1x 256mb, safety case, cleaning kit and normal case..

ms quote me 610 for it but onli giv me 1 x 256mb and a case..

so how? :dunno:
any idea which is better?:think:

cleaning kit is about $10 max (not needed)
extra high speed 512 card is about $80+, normal one is 60+ 70+ i think
safety case is er... $20? (not needed, but might be good to have)
i think if u wack them harder can get a tripod @ 749 (dun say i say one). muz ask nicely and talk nicely..

me, i'll get the $610 one.

do u mean if at comex i talk to them and bargain maybe can get a tripod isit? :D
i maybe tmr going dwn to buy..

Just bring down your e-quote from MS to Comex and show them. By doing a comparison, they might be able to give you a better deal. ;)

obewan said:
Just bring down your e-quote from MS to Comex and show them. By doing a comparison, they might be able to give you a better deal. ;)

what's MS???

i might be buying leh,.. tell me some tips leh.. now got free 2*512!!!

yandao87 said:
what's MS???

MS is a shop in Ang Mo Kio which lots of ppl goes there beside cathay poho,alex, tk..etc.
Their price imo use to be cheaper than CP which I buy most of my stuff years back...
Now I pass by young FLorence is ah soh now..haha lol so m I uncle liao

i heard that MS quote is w/o gst. So with GST it comes to abt $640. Then plus the 512SD (i'd think about 60-70). That'd be close to $710 already. Then with then safety case and cleaning kit = almost the same.

Just my 2 cents.

anyone know at comex fx8 sell for how much and what freebies?

FX8 - $649 incl GST and can pay by credit card inclusive of camera case and 2x 512Mb Sd card (think its kingston)

what is market price of 256MB and 512MB Sd card?

the Fx9 i bargain a bit cause buying 2 sets, the guy actually willing to throw in a OEM batt for both sets....but in the end think i buy from MS , add batt, add Sd card, want come up to the same or slightly cheaper....the stupid safety case, so big n bulky, where got use??

tuapui said:
FX8 - $649 incl GST and can pay by credit card inclusive of camera case and 2x 512Mb Sd card (think its kingston)
?

fx 8 got 2 free 512 sd card ar?

btw

the diff btw fx 9 and 8 is the extra optical zoom if use at lower resolution rite?

got extended battery life? ~ how many shots?

If FX8 is $599 & FX9 is $749, then i think FX9 not worth it...

wrx_sti_22b said:
If FX8 is $599 & FX9 is $749, then i think FX9 not worth it...
i think wait a while fx 8 drop prife again

it dropped from 749 to 599 in like less than 2 months!

The free gifts for FX 9 is more ;)

bought fx8 at 649.. :D

I ended up with the FX9 - came with a 1gb card, 1 spare battery, cleaning kit, camera case, and this big ass safety case thing with lots of foam at $749 at COMEX. I guess the price will drop if you wait long enough. I guess 1gb card and battery should work out to be about $150? so that would make it a fairly good offer even if u don't consider the other nonsense like the cleaning kit and safety case.

yihyng said:
I ended up with the FX9 - came with a 1gb card, 1 spare battery, cleaning kit, camera case, and this big ass safety case thing with lots of foam at $749 at COMEX. I guess the price will drop if you wait long enough. I guess 1gb card and battery should work out to be about $150? so that would make it a fairly good offer even if u don't consider the other nonsense like the cleaning kit and safety case.

you bought on the last day isit?

how many hours before closing??:think: :think:

tuapui said:
you bought on the last day isit?

how many hours before closing??:think: :think:

A friend of mine helped me buy it at about 7pm on the last day. They had run out of the black one already. (which IMHO was the best looking colour). I wasn't there on that day. But it was quite crowded.

Status
Not open for further replies.