Fx body can't fix dx lens?

Chrischong

Jan 16, 2009
I am newbie here, may I ask fx body can't fix dx lens?is mount diff or?so how I know 3rd party lens is fx or dx?like sigma 50mm 1.4 is for both?or?fx body only fx lens?

FX body can fix DX lens no issue. Not like Canon EF-S, which needs some slight physical mods or something (C users, correct me if i am wrong). Just set your body crop mode to manual.

Currently only the 35mm f1.8 DX lens is very usable on a FX body. Seen the samples, sharp like heck even wide open at 1.8, but really has a bit of CA issue.
http://deadsailorproductions.blogspot.com/2009/05/coming-soon.html

Sigma designates the moniker "DC" on its lenses for cropped bodies.

Sigma 50/1.4 is full frame.

I am newbie here, may I ask fx body can't fix dx lens?is mount diff or?so how I know 3rd party lens is fx or dx?like sigma 50mm 1.4 is for both?or?fx body only fx lens?

you may like to check out this site.
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/compatibility-lens.htm
For Nikon bodies, there shouldn't be any problem. F Mount.

DG ideal for full frame bodies and DC as 2100 said.

Still thinking want keep going dx or fx cos now using d90 so consider to d7000 or d700 haiz hard to choose

Still thinking want keep going dx or fx cos now using d90 so consider to d7000 or d700 haiz hard to choose

In the past, I thought I could live with DX, so I invested in a few expensive DX lenses... But I finally decided to moved to FX primarily because of its potential, and I had to sell all the DX stuffs so I can get FX lenses. Not that DX lenses cannot be used on an FX body, but it kinda defeats the purpose.

Think wisely!

Why use DX lenses on FX body?
Besides sharpness, you should look at the contrasty level and colour of the images, which I think DX lenses can't replace FX lenses for these on a FX body. FX lenses are also more solid built with weather and dust sealed.

Why use DX lenses on FX body?
Besides sharpness, you should look at the contrasty level and colour of the images, which I think DX lenses can't replace FX lenses for these on a FX body. FX lenses are also more solid built with weather and dust sealed.

Yeah why? BBB FX lenses.

Yeah why? BBB FX lenses.

Emergency backup lens when weight is an issue.
Nearly happened to me when I was overseas before and not near a Nikon svc centre.

Then only Nikon have support fx lens?any 3rd party?cos I have sigma 50mm 1.4 and 70-200mm 2.8 and few more, most my lens ar sigma but then they ar actually sharp on fx body too?

Then only Nikon have support fx lens?any 3rd party?cos I have sigma 50mm 1.4 and 70-200mm 2.8 and few more, most my lens ar sigma but then they ar actually sharp on fx body too?

Actually the performance of the lens does not depend on whether its designed as a full frame or cropped frame. You might be reading too much into it + generalising. If that's the truth, users can throw away their CF Canon/Tamron/Sigma (some of which are better than Nikon FF glass btw). :bsmilie:

Anyway you are not supposed to use cropped frame glass. Plus only Nikon's 35/1.8 performs satisfactorily afaik, the others are phyiscally (as in serious blackouts in the corner, don't even call them vignetting). So your question is like "it will never happen". Can men give birth? :D

All your mentioned lenses are full frame.

...as in serious blackouts in the corner, don't even call them vignetting). So your question is like "it will never happen". Can men give birth?...

:bsmilie: I like the way you put it. DX lens on FX body, not much problem, with the exception of cropping away several megapixels on the wide angle end. Some DX UWA lenses can actually work on FX bodies without the need to crop much when you shoot using the longer focal lengths, with the exception of a little vignetting.

Lol I blur mah so ask lo cos don't understand much so ask clearly:)