FX-520?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kel28

Sep 24, 2007
Bukit Panjang, Singapore, Sing
Hi Bros,

Any one bought the FX-520 yet? I'm looking for a digicam as replacement to my old Ixus 700. My requirements for the new camera:
- Can take decent night shots
- Wide Angle Lens
- Decent zoom range (4X and above)

Actually, I'm comparing these models:
1) Panasonic Lumix FX-520
2) Panasonic Lumix TZ-15
3) Canon Ixus 860IS
3) Fujifilm FinePix F100fd (read in forums that this model CMI, any comments?)

Would appreciate if someone can advise me on the options available. Thanks!

Hi,

I did some checks around, but realised that it's not in SG yet :(
If any kind soul has gotten a piece directly from Japan, please feedback... Thanks!

Hi all a reply from panasonic:)
hope the price not so ex loh...:D

Thank you for your interest in Panasonic product.

Tentatively the model DMC FX-520 will be available in early next month.

We will keep our consumer inform when the availability of products is launch in Singapore.

Should you need assistance please do not hesitate to contact or email us.

Warmest Regards

Customer Service | Panasonic Singapore

Hi all a reply from panasonic:)
hope the price not so ex loh...:D

Thank you for your interest in Panasonic product.

Tentatively the model DMC FX-520 will be available in early next month.

We will keep our consumer inform when the availability of products is launch in Singapore.

Should you need assistance please do not hesitate to contact or email us.

Warmest Regards

Customer Service | Panasonic Singapore

I'm so getting it...funny..I said the exact same line for the Fujifilm F100fd, but when it's here it disappoints me with the pink band...hope the FX520 does NOT do the same...

Wonder if it will be like the TZ5-> TZ15 case, whereby the FX520 will be known as FX500 here...

I'm so getting it...funny..I said the exact same line for the Fujifilm F100fd, but when it's here it disappoints me with the pink band...hope the FX520 does NOT do the same...

Wonder if it will be like the TZ5-> TZ15 case, whereby the FX520 will be known as FX500 here...

Yeah I was so close to getting the F100fd, when I realised that it underexposes most of the shots I tried. Further reading up on the net revealed the pink banding issue as well. Well, hopefully the FX520 performs as well as it's specs sheet!

It will be known as FX520 here: http://www.panasonic.com.sg/web/Pid/5360 ;)

I have been looking for it around town in Singapore since a month ago, but no one knows when it will be released. Some even didnt know what it was - (this from a reputable camera shop). And i missed getting it for my wife's birthday. I cant believe its already available in Malaysia. so i may just go get it there or order it thru the internet.

I have been looking for it around town in Singapore since a month ago, but no one knows when it will be released. Some even didnt know what it was - (this from a reputable camera shop). And i missed getting it for my wife's birthday. I cant believe its already available in Malaysia. so i may just go get it there or order it thru the internet.

Ordered mine from the US and arrived today. Then I saw it this evening at Cathay Photo (MS). The guy quoted me SGD580.00 which I think is a pretty good price.

Good news for all i just spoke to panasonic cust svc and the officer told me that FX-520 shld be launch this weekend else is next week liao...
anyway can't wait to get hold on this menz:)

Good news for all i just spoke to panasonic cust svc and the officer told me that FX-520 shld be launch this weekend else is next week liao...
anyway can't wait to get hold on this menz:)

Er,,, Bro, I already saw it at Cathay Photo at Marina Square (as mentioned earlier). :)

Er,,, Bro, I already saw it at Cathay Photo at Marina Square (as mentioned earlier). :)

lol i meant official launch bah..
cus aft reading ur post i called up MS color they say still no news on this model..:)

lol i meant official launch bah..
cus aft reading ur post i called up MS color they say still no news on this model..:)

Haha

I guess in your eagerness, you missed that I wrote Cathay Photo (MS for Marina Square) and saw MS Colour instead.

Anyway, it's a very feature-packed cam. Some very cool features especially the focus tracking using the touch screen. :)

Anxiously awaiting test shoots being posted up here...btw, what's the $580 promo composed of? Any memory card bundled along with it? I also wonder if there's any appropriately screen protector that FITS the FX-520 screen size...

Anxiously awaiting test shoots being posted up here...btw, what's the $580 promo composed of? Any memory card bundled along with it? I also wonder if there's any appropriately screen protector that FITS the FX-520 screen size...

checked with CP - penisular a few days ago, its at $580 comes with 4gb sd card.

there's a screen protector but +$10 ;)

On a side-note fellows, is it acceptable of me, IF I've no intention of purchasing a camera @ that point in time, to pop into 1 of the local cam shops to request for a particular model to get its physical look & feel?

Will the staff be dissed/irritated? If it's inappropriate, then may I know where u fellows get a feel/sense of the cam b4 purchasing? I doubt if many will just commit to a counter pirvase after a few online reviews & recommendations?

Which shops frown upon this?

On a side-note fellows, is it acceptable of me, IF I've no intention of purchasing a camera @ that point in time, to pop into 1 of the local cam shops to request for a particular model to get its physical look & feel?

Will the staff be dissed/irritated? If it's inappropriate, then may I know where u fellows get a feel/sense of the cam b4 purchasing? I doubt if many will just commit to a counter pirvase after a few online reviews & recommendations?

bring a frd that noe the shop well....:thumbsup:

Perhaps you can visit Best/Courts to feel the camera since there would be display set on the camera section. :)

Perhaps you can visit Best/Courts to feel the camera since there would be display set on the camera section. :)

Sianz...I tink I wait for IT fairs bah...the few shops I've been to, like touch already die die must by like that...:thumbsd:

& most of the display sets at those counters of mega electronic malls are not powered.

Status
Not open for further replies.