Fx-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nova_nebula

Mar 27, 2004
Those who had bought FX-2, had you wish you've choosen FX-7 instead? I couldn't quite decide which to go for. Perhaps your insight would help me. I've FZ-3 and limitation in FX-2/7 video is not a big deal to me. Thanks. :)

can afford of coz go get FX7, but if u think u just need a ultra compact then a fx2 will do the trick. sama sama mah. 4MP Vs 5MP, 2.0inch vs 2.5inch. Your call what. :)

No, will never choose FX7. You pay $100+ more for:

1. 1MP more
2. Slightly more shadow noise
3. Bigger file size
4. Sound in video mode which most will not use due to no zooming or focusing when recording.
5. Bigger LCD, but lower resolution and more power usage?
6. More colour choices if silver is not good enough.

I heard the image on FX7 wasnt that great.

But still I prefer to get FX2 if I had money. hehe. Small cam is handy ;)

Get FX-7? Then I think I will go for FZ3 instead...price wise not much diff, but I got OIS, 12 x zoom, view finder, etc. ;)

JimDavis said:
Get FX-7? Then I think I will go for FZ3 instead...price wise not much diff, but I got OIS, 12 x zoom, view finder, etc. ;)

Cannot put in your pant's pocket or handbag lah :hammer:

Ya, indeed the FX2 seem to be a better buy? Gal doesnt know the resolution screen? Bigger and more MP is alway the better case for them? Can crop also mahz. ISO is another very technical thing which i feel since fx2/fx7 is under the same line, i think the diff is only for people with eye of detail.

The reason i got my gf a FX2 is as follow (hope it help u)
1)Small and compact not forgettng GOT style (extactly like FX7)
2)we fancy the sliver color more as it is more "normal" (so FX7 made no diff)
3)4MP and 5MP make no diff for my gf as the most she print is alway a 4R
4)No sound? I dun even remember using movie function in fx2 or FZ20. it jus a extra feature.
5)It aready have a 2.0inch screen which in today context is still considered BIG.
6)Alot of Scene mode - great for Girls/Boys who not into technical.
7)Use cheap enough SD card. (actually i prefer cheaper card like CF)
8)OIS (any ultra compact have OIS?)

Can you set FXes menu system to Chinese? Thinking of buying one for my in-laws but they can't read English.

Thanks and cheers!

nova_nebula said:
Those who had bought FX-2, had you wish you've choosen FX-7 instead? I couldn't quite decide which to go for. Perhaps your insight would help me. I've FZ-3 and limitation in FX-2/7 video is not a big deal to me. Thanks. :)
r u a guy or a gal? for guy and u dun need video recording wif sound, go for fx2, if gal then choose fx7. gal won't mind the battery etc, they concern abt the outlook of the cam, big LCD is big diff to them. ;)

I'm a guy. I uses FZ3. Buying FX2/7 for my little girl 4 years ....I mean 14 years old. Ocassionally I would like to carry a small cam in pocket. Putting FZ3 in pocket can cause embarassment to lady folks. Ok so I'll show my girl the FX2 and 7 and tell her FX7 is cheaper. Lets see what she chooses. ...! hahaha :)

nova_nebula said:

I am glad that I bought FX2. I don't regrets going for FX7. Fx2 with ISO64, 4mp & 2" lcd is good enough for p-n-s. The quality of FX2 shots are so much better off than my friend Sony. We took the same shot in my house and FX2 shots were sharp and focus without the use of flash. The Sony shots taken were blur, lack sharpness, unwanted shadows cause by the flash used and near objects slightly over exposed coming from the flash used. All my friends were surprised :eek: with this tiny FX2 producing good shots. :D

I'd say FX7. More value worth for resale-ing and more well known
The extra features are already mentioned up there. The looks are better

i suppose that 14 yr old gal is ur daughter. Anyway u are a great daddy who willing 2 spend money on her. But then, thinkin back. will ur kid be spolit?

liangtam said:
I'd say FX7. More value worth for resale-ing and more well known
The extra features are already mentioned up there. The looks are better

hi ah liang, i have the same idea as u, actualli u got money get fx7, got budget or dun wan spend so much get fx2. so simple. ah liang, so when u going to get ur 1st digicam?

Parents not supportive, so not for now. Thats why I say but no pictures.
Think should have enough for FX2 after seeing red packets and some other savings

liangtam said:
Parents not supportive, so not for now. Thats why I say but no pictures.
Think should have enough for FX2 after seeing red packets and some other savings

when i bought my 1st hp, 1st digicam, 1st nike shoe, 1st levi jeans. I pay with my own money. U are very lucky aready.

sunkist said:
i suppose that 14 yr old gal is ur daughter. Anyway u are a great daddy who willing 2 spend money on her. But then, thinkin back. will ur kid be spolit?

nah I don't think it'll spoil her. FX2 is less than her weekly allowance. ;) ... just kidding ..just kidding :bsmilie:
Sometime, its a difficult balance between trying not to spoil the kids with "toys" and giving them something which is "essential" for kids their age. :think:

Any idea if Panasonic will have sales in the coming IT Show at Suntec ? :dunno:

Thumb up for u then.

In IT shows, Pana dun host the booth though u see the big big Pana banner, if i am not wrong should be either a Song bro or AP doing the booth... I think they sell at RRP but throw in afew freebie... the freebies all not much use. No point buying there... but no harm to wait see what they offer.

ok that reminds me. when I was looking for the FZ3, that dig cam show at that Changi exhibition place ??what's the name?? the deal wasn't good ..infact down right ridiculous so I waited and bought it from MS Color. hmmm, maybe I'll go back to MS Color. Oops! I haven't send in my FZ3 warranty after ....how many months?? wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.