Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

nerdie

Feb 14, 2002
4443246594_39de852cee.jpg

Saw this when i took it out of my Lowepro bag...
:dunno::dunno:

Ya lens ok, who wanna buy the filter? :p

4443246594_39de852cee.jpg

Saw this when i took it out of my Lowepro bag...
:dunno::dunno:

sorry can post the picture from CS? internet provider blocked pics from flickr.

Don't sell it. Now you have a brand new b+w starburst filter :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

**** that's damn funny, haha, i really LOLed

You should feel relieved and grateful. It has acted as it is supposed to act : protection to your priceless front lens element! ;p

Sorry for what happened to your filter :)

Ya lens ok, who wanna buy the filter? :p

thread title should be "Thank God I had a filter attached"

just image what will happen to your lens IF that filter is NOT attached

give it a proper and respectful burial....... it died doing its job :)

p/s knock out the glass and

a. wear it as a cool bracelet or nose ring
b. replace it with a 77mm Hoya UV glass (but the filter might be dented from the knock making this option moot)

Last edited:
You should feel relieved and grateful. It has acted as it is supposed to act : protection to your priceless front lens element! ;p

Sorry for what happened to your filter :)

thread title should be "Thank God I had a filter attached"

just image what will happen to your lens IF that filter is NOT attached

give it a proper and respectful burial....... it died doing its job :)

p/s knock out the glass and

a. wear it as a cool bracelet or nose ring
b. replace it with a 77mm Hoya UV glass (but the filter might be dented from the knock making this option moot)

Actually, according to my CSI skills, i think without the filter, the front element would not have cracked anyway.
It looked like an impact point from the side, all the cracks radiate from there.
The rim is still intact, and can screw in screw out still...
Will store it for keepsake ;p

just curious..... how might this have happened ? u said it was in a Lowepro? they should be well protected for this to happen

just curious..... how might this have happened ? u said it was in a Lowepro? they should be well protected for this to happen

first level of protection should have been the lens cap! should have protected the filter and elements.

it's called shite happened. luckily it was just the filter!

it happen similarly to my B+W filter also, the problem is I didn't even aware of any noticeable knock/drop happened and it just cracked....

WA ! if is me, i sure damn piss LOL..
then my lens will also gone :x

That's why I always use 2 filter on my lens for paintball shooting.

see how the lowepro was used.....chances are the user may need Pelican case instead.

the lens cap was on.
it was in my lowepro bag sling bag (the black box-shaped one) and the best part is that i don't remember dropping it at all
it was placed face down, with the lens cap still on.
to my shock when i took it out yesterday, i saw the cracked filter, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU