Funny comment from photography tutor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Photography Lecturer was hired by Nikon to encourage the use of Nikon cameras.
:blah:

kg_yew said:
Pls comment...Recently a photography lecturer from a very reputable art school in the east told his students that they can ONLY use Nikon cameras in their studio. Reasons given? Other brand will not work with their studio flash!!! At first I thought they are using some complicated wireless technology to trigger the flash, but my friend said no. He asked the tutor and the lab technician why cannot use other brand, and they just insisted they can't be use. Then I thought the reason is the lack of pc socket on a lot of new AF camera, so they can't be used without adding the connector to the hot shoe. The best thing is they said the older Nikon can't be used as well, although all of them have a socket for studio flash. MUST use the newer ones....I think this is really misleading for the students who are new to photography, and perhaps the most ridiculous thing I have heard from a lecturer and lab technician. Wat do u think? :dunno:

Hi ckiang, I'm a newbie on studio lighting as well. May I ask do we need any hotshoe or adapter to trigger a Elinchrom flash for my Canon 10D? Or is the 10D sync sufficient to trigger?

Sorry to ask so much question. Thanks for the help in advance. :bsmilie:

Ha ha ha lecturer should insist that all student use a medium format camera or a twin lens reflect.

Status
Not open for further replies.