funny colors on my photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubicon

Jul 8, 2006
Jurong Point
hi guys , went ard shooting ysterday nite and ended up at chijmes with this beautiful location ... took some pics with HDR and non HDR and there is this distinct purplish "tint?" on the church ... which i dun rmb seeing with my eyes. is it i missed some settings or that can be edited on PS?

243kzuq.jpg

then there is this stage beside it... the lighting was purple i swear but the pics i took all turn out bluish ... as did my fren's D40 ... i did try stage mode on my k-x but still the same results, what am i missing or am i color blind :D

152owgj.jpg

thanks for any teachings :lovegrin:

I'd guess that it's a white balance issue. Depending on what your setting was, different lights will look different on different settings. Hard to tell you what you should've set. For me, as long as I like the picture, it doesn't matter what the "correct" white balance is... Correct doesn't always mean nicest.

Why not just adjust the wb to be truely purple in raw? this is probably your best bet.

for ur 2nd pic, i experience the same prob as u before... also didn't know why i couldn't capture the correct color Violet, picture turn out blue... later then i realise it's the WB setting. luckily i shot RAW then process to get the "correct" color.

Yes should be white balance settings. If you shot in RAW then you can correct it quite easily without losing IQ.

its gotta do with how the camera renders the colours, if you're using Lightroom you can try changing the profile under "Camera Calibration".. Not sure how other software does it, but it should be under a camera profile setting with Adobe Standard, ACR 4.2, Camera Standard etc as options..

dang ... i shot in jpeg ... argh .... guess that's pretty much done deal ... hehe. maybe i can return there to shoot again next time

anyway thanks for the advices :D

dang ... i shot in jpeg ... argh .... guess that's pretty much done deal ... hehe. maybe i can return there to shoot again next time

anyway thanks for the advices :D

hey u can still try to pp ur jpeg shots.

lol ... found that if i shoot in DNG , my PS CS3 can open it .... if in raw it can't ... :D

guess that will be my format of choice then

lol ... found that if i shoot in DNG , my PS CS3 can open it .... if in raw it can't ... :D

guess that will be my format of choice then

I don't get what you mean. When you shoot in Nikon Raw, the format is NEF. When you open it in PS, you have the option to convert it into DNG (Adobe Digital Negative) format for your postprocessing.

took some pics with HDR and non HDR and there is this distinct purplish "tint?" on the church ... which i dun rmb seeing with my eyes. is it i missed some settings or that can be edited on PS?
looks like there were lots of lights ard there that night... maybe there were small ones around those areas which your long/multiple exposures captured that your eye didnt see. or maybe its just reflections from the purple lights.. OR if the stage in your next pic was using purple lasers, maybe sometimes during your exposure the lasers flashed over there.

You can remove with stamp tool, heal tool, or by using polygonal lasso and manually painting in the colour.

I don't get what you mean. When you shoot in Nikon Raw, the format is NEF. When you open it in PS, you have the option to convert it into DNG (Adobe Digital Negative) format for your postprocessing.

my kx can shoot raw in 2 format , .dng and .pef

i'm guessing .pef is penatx file format and unless i upgrade to the latest ps cs4 , i can't read it. however if the format is .dng ... wah lah ... my cs3 can open it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.