Funny Ads in Service Wanted Section

catchlights

Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
I really speechless when I read this ad in service wanted section this morning.

Dear All

I hope in this shoot I can give a photographer out there a chance to expand his portfolio.
love.gif
angel.gif

I am looking for a photographer who knows how to operate studio equipments.

I need the photographer to help me take a group photo(about 15 people).
The photographer should also arrange for a studio w strobes and big enough for rent, on a weekend for this shoot.

This is something like a company Board of Directors kind of group shot.

I understand this shoot will last for no more than 1 hour and most studios require in 2 hours block. The rest of the hour we can actually share for our private shoots(if any)

Additional info:
2x Formal shots with editing(touch up) in digital format
2x Informal Shots with editing(touch up) in digital format
Show me a link to just 1 or 2 of your portfolio(for group shot)
let me know your rate for 1 hr.

Thank you
smile.gif

Interested parties kindly PM me or whatsapp me ********

A formal group shot is no different from formal group shot

What else is there to add to the photographer's portfolio by doing more formal group shot ?

Cannot find the ad anymore.

A formal group shot is no different from formal group shot

What else is there to add to the photographer's portfolio by doing more formal group shot ?

You missed some of the best parts... Aside from doing it "for the exposure", the photog should also be the one arranging for the studio.

Although Catchlights had removed the thread to protect the identity of the guilty and the innocent, I did my own google caching search and found the identity of the poster.

One moment he was asking for what lens to buy as he had ventured into product photography, another moment he was looking or photographer to take over his job for an ROM because he fell sick two days before? If he is asking for lens recommendation to shoot toys and flowers, no problem. But since he mentioned its product, I got the impression that its for commercial and he is asking such a rudimentary question while attempting to do a commercial job? If one are doing weddings professionally but did not establish a decent backup coverage system with fellow industry players? I imagine how the couple feel. It just boils down to one impression to me - that this person thinks pro photography is damn easy, thus does not put a value or responsibility to it. What he is asking for in that ad from a hobbyist photographer is actually what should be done by a commercial studio, or a production house with creative direction, planning and organization. People charge thousands of dollars for it. And posting on Services Wanted probably trying to lowball a naive hobbyist to do it for free or cheap. "I understand the shoot will last no more than 1 hour" "Let me know your rate for 1 hr"

What the.

Am sure he will find someone regardless. If he was paying $150 for a 5 hour ROM, you can roughly expect him to pay $30 for that 1 hr shoot?

Maybe he is trying to learn the rope by hiring a real photographer to do the lighting setup, etc. So next time he can do it himself?

Or get a cheap job off load it to a even cheaper photographer. In the construction industry this is call main con, subing to sub con (at cost plus x%).

Very sad indeed.

To be a good middle man, you should be able to supply "work" and pay the rates that the subcon "ask" if you want your job as middle man to have some longevity.

It is very disheartening about short term gain...

Ah well, different people different opinion.

Regards,

Hart

in case somebody still don't understand why I said I'm speechless when I read this thread.
this is how I interpret the thread,

TS: I don't know how to shoot this, but I still want to take this job,

TS: I want somebody to shoot for me, but I won't pay you so much, so you can take it as portfolio building,

TS: you need to know how to shoot studio shots and book the studio and do all the lighting set up,

TS: it will a group of 15 pax, so studio must be big enough and you also must be good enough.

TS: and I guess this shot is simple that will not last the two hours,
so we can shoot something else after my client left. of course the cost have to share share lar.

TS: btw, the photos need to do touch up, and you need to show me your portfolio

Photographer Tom Dick Harry: (huh? I tot you say can let me build my portfolio, so can I send you a group of models taken in Tokyo super car show??)

and I can only pay you for an hour, cos the shoot won't last more than an hour.

Photographer Tom Dick Harry: (what? I need to go book studio, than later you still want me to share the cost for shooting your own stuffs? so are you saying since you are not using the first hour, you will only pay half cost of the second hour? wah like that, so everything you win liao lor?)

Somepeople want to find a mentor to learn from I can understand, but must be careful.

Dont find someone that is there to manipulate you for cheap and you really have nothing to learn from him or the sh!t jobs that he gives you.

Don't find someone who is teaching you how to lose money. Lotsa of lost-making photographers out there.

And don't find someone who is trying to limit your talent and progress. Even more of these people around. They can't raise their own rates, or no balls to do it, or can't make progress, they want you to remain as low as them or lower, and they tell you false stories. Those people chanting the budget/cheap and good slogan had been doing so for years but how much have they progress? Years had passed, rates still about the same. They are caught in that circle and finding it hard to move out. Some gave up. Some are tired and helpless. Some still pull a straight face and insist that they are right.