Funmoods virus / malware

ricohflex

Feb 24, 2005
sing
Watch out for this.
Sometimes comes bundled with some software that you download.
Sometimes from something that you clicked carelessly.

It steals your info, redirects you to fake sites, takes over your browser default search, wants to add a toolbar and slows down your PC. Attacks Chrome.

Run Malwarebytes scan to remove.
Delete from Chrome extensions and search engine list.

does it run on Linux as well ? :D

Sion said:
Norton can capture and kill it?

Norton stinks. So far bitdefender, kaspersky and eset have no problem spotting it.

Norton can capture and kill it?

http://community.norton.com/t5/Nort...t-Funmoods-quot-hijack-of-browser/td-p/654659

Quote:
........................................................................................................................................................................................
Visitor

"Funmoods" hijack of browser [ Edited ]
Options
02-06-2012 07:00 PM - last edited on 02-06-2012 07:04 PM by Tim_Lopez

Greetings!

Somehow I noticed that my Google Chrome main browser bar looked a little different and then saw that there was a small name in it, "funmoods." When I clicked on this it took me to a website in Israel, a pretty obvious hijack. It attempted to make itself the default browser so I deleted it in the tools menu in Google Chrome. Norton didn't notice any of this activity or upon scanning for viruses.

I downloaded power eraser and it found a single file: RIKVM_1628BCEA.sys, in my system 32 file and noted that it was "Bad." I selected that it be removed and rechecked again. It still shows up even though Norton says its been fixed?!
........................................................................................................................................................................................
UnQuote

Last edited:
does it run on Linux as well ? :D

Not sure. Most affected are Windows OS users using Firefox, IE or Chrome.

Be careful about the computer games being introduced to you especially through Facebook by friends of friends of friends of friends of friends. As you can see, a computer user already infected with Funmoods Toolbar can connect to Facebook.

FunmoodsTooldbarscreen.jpg

Last edited: