Funkamania... a story in short

Status
Not open for further replies.

sehsuan

Deregistered
Dec 12, 2002
Singapore
www.sportsshooter.com
Though I had yet to recover from a bout of common flu (no, I haven't been near birds of late); I made my way down to Taka to catch a glimpse of Funkamania XII. I was particularly perturbed by this particular photographer, who seemed to set up his tripod (!!!) right in front of the sitting masses of audience; almost dead smack centre view of the entire scene. I happened to be at least 10 meters behind, surrounded up down left right with more fellow audience.

When the show was about to start; a girl who was in the sitting masses stood up, and asked the guy to move out. Instead of obliging; a lady with the birdbrain photographer insisted that everyone stand up to watch. You can see her face below:

2006-01-14-funkamania-2511.jpg

She beckoned everyone to stand up. And guess what? That spoilt the show. Blocking people, and instead of squatting down and be conscious that they were at the wrong place and went in at the LAST moment; they got people to stand up and block even more view of fellow supporters.

Gee. Dimwits in Singapore. Yes, they exist.

Anyway, I asked a booth that was beside the stage right to lend me a chair; so I could at least get some shots. Moral of the story? Ask and you shall get.

TMC said:
well you get all kinds of people in SG. You want to send this to the ST Forums?
could the guy be the official photograper? cos yesterdat the official photog does setup like that in the centre:think:

like that official photographer also no brain already.

stroboframe? lol thats a dumb piece of rubbish :bsmilie:

user111 said:
stroboframe? lol thats a dumb piece of rubbish :bsmilie:

apart from being a nuisance by blocking the supporters, whoever those 3 were (the lady, the photog and the caucasian), they sure really unprofessional. if they were official photographers, they should be already IN the cordoned area; not outside.

i thought it was funny of the photog to mount a puny flash on the stroboframe-type bracket. mounting a puny SB class flash (for some funny reason, the backlight was ALWAYS on) on a frame when real pros would probably do mounted strobes ALL OVER the tentage... this was a joke.

maybe they were there for comic relief, i dont know.

i was there earlier but cant stand the smoking pple.i was seating w my children then ashes from cig come fallin over us.:dunno:

sehsuan said:
i thought it was funny of the photog to mount a puny flash on the stroboframe-type bracket. mounting a puny SB class flash (for some funny reason, the backlight was ALWAYS on) on a frame when real pros would probably do mounted strobes ALL OVER the tentage... this was a joke.

Why judge a photographer based on his equipment and the way he is using it?

What do you think of a photographer who uses D70 for weddings?

Singaporeans are kukuchiows BY DEFAULT until proven otherwise. It is the safest assumption.

It looks like an SB-800 - the highest end Nikon Flash to date.

Or are you suggesting that event photographers must bring Bowens 500/1000/1500 or their equivalents to do events?

sehsuan said:
apart from being a nuisance by blocking the supporters, whoever those 3 were (the lady, the photog and the caucasian), they sure really unprofessional. if they were official photographers, they should be already IN the cordoned area; not outside.

maybe they were there for comic relief, i dont know.

I was also there shooting. I am not him..... but I saw him too.

I am helping a friend shooting. I'm that skinny guy in black polo near to that stage. Hope no one complain I blocked anyone :sweat: When I saw this post, I thought I kenna complained by people bcos I am standing too near the stage :sweat:

DeusExMachina said:
Singaporeans are kukuchiows BY DEFAULT until proven otherwise. It is the safest assumption.

hahahaha!!!!!!

Lucky he didn't pull out... THE LADDER!

hmm,next best thing would be to walk up to complain to organiser.
Next time perhap...

bring a ladder to watch any event next time!! haha..

Status
Not open for further replies.