Fungus!!!!!

labla

Apr 26, 2008
Lentor
Hi guys, can anyone give me some names and contacts of shops or companies that do cleaning of lens?

I went to have my Tamron 17-50 checked at the shop beside CP in Peninsular, and there was a fungus spot on it. Terribly sad now. I asked for a quote for cleaning the lens, just the front element itself. It was $140. It's pretty reasonable but I would like to know if there are any better deals or any more trustworthy shops that CSers usually go to for cleaning of camera or lenses? Please let me know if you know of any :) Thank you very much

Anyway, I RARELY USE MY CAMERA IN WET AREAS AND IT'S MOST OF THE TIME IN A DRYBOX, but maybe it's just the Singapore humidity. ARGH! But it's cool. Costs of having a wife :p

I am sorry dry cabi. ARGH.... :) I need to get it cleaned i don't want it to spread around already :p

Hi TS....$140 for cleaning seems very very exp?!..
Bro fatigue from cs does it for like $30 - $40... n more over...is very well-done!!
(He did it for me..hence i know)

pm him ya..
Cheers!

Hi TS....$140 for cleaning seems very very exp?!..
Bro fatigue from cs does it for like $30 - $40... n more over...is very well-done!!
(He did it for me..hence i know)

pm him ya..
Cheers!

Hey FireZ :) Thanks, contacted him already :p Thank you really much :)

yes, try fatigue.

i haven't used his services properly before but have contacted him before, very nice guy.

yes, try fatigue.

i haven't used his services properly before but have contacted him before, very nice guy.

Yepp dropped him a text already :) hahaha, he seems like a cool guy :) Hopefully can get it cleaned and that my lens is not already infected! I hope it's just one spot. No idea why it is there in the first place

Hey FireZ :) Thanks, contacted him already :p Thank you really much :)

ha..welcome..
always gd to share info!!!:)