Fungus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorts

Mar 10, 2007
SG
Is there any way to check for fungus on the body and lens by myself? ;)

Yeah... Open your eyes. ;)

Seriously, on the body it should be visible as a white fuzz.

On the lens, try holding it against strong light; let the light reflect off the lens elements, look for spiderweb-like cloudy areas.

try shining a torch light for better viewing. and o, open the aperture to its widest.

yes, hold it against a strong light and open to the widest aperture.

If there's no aperture control, you need to click one lever at the back to open up the aperture.

Thanks for all the replies. It is my old cameras that I am checking for fungus on, as they were stored in a dry box that have silica gels not replaced for a very long time. :D I have a Canon that I am not sure if there is fungus or not. From the viewfinder, it seems a bit cloudy.

Thanks for all the replies. It is my old cameras that I am checking for fungus on, as they were stored in a dry box that have silica gels not replaced for a very long time. :D I have a Canon that I am not sure if there is fungus or not. From the viewfinder, it seems a bit cloudy.

Sent it for cleaning to be safe. As for the dry cabinet, it's the electronic one i'm referring to. Don't trust silica gels to protect yr gear for over a long period of time.

Yep. I do have a dry cabinet now. :D To protect my ever so precious E-500.

Status
Not open for further replies.