Fungus on lense

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenman49

Nov 11, 2004
CCK
hi there,

i think my nikon lense got fungus all over. :( i left it it my camera bag n forgot to keep back in drybox. think its so bad becos of recent week-long rainy days.

any kind soul can tell me what to do? :dunno: can i clean it myself? or must send to nikon or any other place to clean it? how much would it cost?

thks in advance.

i dun think u'll be able to clean it urself,
because u dun have any proper tools to open the lens, unless u prepared to scratches the front and rear lock.

u can send to nikon with more expensive but good and guarantee service, OR send to any camera repair center or "camera hospital" for cleaning.

the decision is up to you.
i would say IF it's a good and gems lens... of course it SHOULD go back to nikon,
if it's somethign cheapo. u can send it to 3rd party.
and if i were u, if it's cheapo. i'll try to clean it myself OR live with it. :)

(imagine that u r having some mate when u r shooting, they company u all the way fromt he beginning tilt he end of shooting session, u r no more lonely, it's somehow a good way to work thing out right? hehehe kidding)

zenman49 said:
hi there,

i think my nikon lense got fungus all over. :( i left it it my camera bag n forgot to keep back in drybox. think its so bad becos of recent week-long rainy days.

any kind soul can tell me what to do? :dunno: can i clean it myself? or must send to nikon or any other place to clean it? how much would it cost?

thks in advance.

Woah!!!
I thought fungus only grew over a longer period of time...

I better keep my stuff in the box all the time from now..
Used to leaving it in my bag sometimes...

zenman49 said:
hi there,

thks in advance.

ha ha ha. i had similar experience.:sweatsm:

I too have the impression that Fungus will take some time to grow.

How long does it take for fungus to appear on e lense?

Thanks

I ever took apart a canon 28-105mm USM Lens that I bought from a fellow CSer to clean 3 speck of fungus on one of the inner element. How I did it was to take a photo of every step just incase I forgot how to fix it back. The lens is working fine now.

Can try but if not confident, just leave it to the expert.

Can try NSC, TCW etc..

But how long was the lens left in the bag???

thks all for the reply...

the lense was left in my bag for about a month or so. anyway, my friend offer to help me clean. hopefully everything fine.:what:

Status
Not open for further replies.