Fun with Ultra Wide Angles

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckiang

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
www.ckphoto.net
Hi,

Someone was testing out a Voigtlander Bessa L, Bessa R, and the Voigtlander Ultra Wide Heliar 12mm f/5.6 Asph at John 3:16 today, and I realized the auxiliary finder will probably fit nicely into the lens of my trusty Coolpix 950. So I decided to have some fun. The aux viewfinder gives you a field-of-view 12mm lens on a 35mm camera.

DSCN9703a.jpg

DSCN9704a.jpg

DSCN9705a.jpg

And how much does that cost? A cool $1050.

Regards
CK

Looks a little fisheye like that. Is that what the lens is supposed to do? Is it a "fisheye" anyway or just an ultra wide?

Originally posted by TME
Looks a little fisheye like that. Is that what the lens is supposed to do? Is it a "fisheye" anyway or just an ultra wide?

It's not a fisheye, it's an ultrawide. The widest non-fisheye lens for the 35mm format. Of coz, it's not meant to be used in front of a Coolpix or other digital cameras, but on the proper body like the Bessa L, Bessa R, and Bessa T. Still, it's quite a bit of fun.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by dbchoong
;p $1050 !! And still got vignetting at the sides...

:what:

Of course! I am not using it the intended way. The auxiliary finder is never meant to be a wide angle attachment. On the proper body, it will not vignette.

Here's a writeup of the lens at Luminous Landscape:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/12mm.htm

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

Of course! I am not using it the intended way. The auxiliary finder is never meant to be a wide angle attachment. On the proper body, it will not vignette.

Here's a writeup of the lens at Luminous Landscape:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/12mm.htm

Regards
CK

$1050 + a little more will buy me a Dynax 7 already manz...........

Originally posted by dbchoong
;p $1050 !! And still got vignetting at the sides...

:what:

u still don't get it dun u? ;p

ckiang is not using / shooting through the lens - he's shooting through the auxillary viewfinder for the Bessa camera - the Bessas are rangefinder cameras, not your SLR type bodies. U can't frame through the lens!

show me another wide angle lens from any manufacturer that has 12mm focal length and cost less than $1000 :)

Originally posted by TME

$1050 + a little more will buy me a Dynax 7 already manz...........

your Dynax 7 will probably need lenses to go witth it in order for u to use it to the maximum potential :D......which will stretch that $1050 a bit more than u think.......................

Originally posted by Red Dawn

your Dynax 7 will probably need lenses to go witth it in order for u to use it to the maximum potential :D......which will stretch that $1050 a bit more than u think.......................

Tamron 28-300? :devil:

Originally posted by Red Dawn

Well I already hava Tamron 24-135mm SP and a Minolta 50mm f/1.7 prime. So no problem $1050 enough for the Dynax 7 body!! :D

hmm ...

is the guy wearing the white polo in the 3rd
photo the owner's son?

Have never been to the shop before, but he
looks like my friend's ex-boyfriend!
[was he from CJC?]

sorry ... hee... a bit of trivia

Originally posted by Juvelyn
hmm ...

is the guy wearing the white polo in the 3rd
photo the owner's son?

Have never been to the shop before, but he
looks like my friend's ex-boyfriend!
[was he from CJC?]

sorry ... hee... a bit of trivia

Nope, just a helper. The son of the owner is Samuel Gan. Seen in the second pic, just over the shoulder of the guy in white T shirt.

Regards
CK

Status
Not open for further replies.