Not open for further replies.

Edmund

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
Singapore
eoslightbox.com
Fun with Photoshop - Soft Focus by Togu

............Photographers have been able to add some dreamy, haze and fog effects to their photographs by using filters (Common type will be the Cokin filters). These filters creates a romantic portrait or landscape, with softer edges leading to a dreamy atmosphere. However, you can achive similar effects by not spending addtional on the accessories.

This is just a simple tutorial on Soft-Focus effects in Photoshop by using layers, adding Gaussian Blur and adjusting the blend mode and the layer's opacity..............

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ah Guuuu !
Nice article here wor ;)

wah .....
nice ...

Hehe... thanks!! :vhappy:

So true... thought of that before, but can't find a soft focus lens to use. :(

:kok:

Wah togu, just what I was looking for!

More...more...more! :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy:

Originally posted by togu
Ok ...Ok ...Ok! :vhappy:

OK, I'm sure it is possible but I don't know how. So, we'll need your expertise.

It is very common for portrait photographers to use a centre spot filter. That is, the centre part of the picture where the face is is sharp, but the surrounding is softfocus. How can we achieve the same effect with photoshop?

Yes...more...more...more...:gbounce: :gbounce: :gbounce:

by slowly 'marking areas' of the model's face with a lasso tool and give different values in gaussian blur.

with the nose being the shapest point go to the next protuding part of the face lips and lasoo the area and give 1.0 to the gaussian blur on the lips, lasso the checks, gaussian blur 1.2-1.5, etc work thou the face and for background you could blur at 4.0 - 8.0 pixs depending on your background depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.