Fumbling with an E520

Status
Not open for further replies.

clicksnapwow

Jul 27, 2009
Hi guys,

im VERY new at this. recently got a brand new e520 kit that comes with twin lens.. and im fumbling my way around it. to be honest, i have never owned a DSLR till this one came along. and although i am very comfortable and can memorise my compact, having a DSLR opens up a whole new friggin realm!! =P :what:

i have a few questions...

1. any good books or guides for photography idiots like moi?? im reading the manual, diligently, so im thinking more of an external guide..:lovegrin:

2. know of any affordable photography classes or lessons?? ;)

3. is there a difference between DSLR lens and SLR lens?? can an SLR lense mount on DLSr body or vice versa?

4. is there an adapter in the market for Olympus that can be used to mount Sigma or Nikkor lenses?? :think:

would be great if someone could help me.. :)

for books, the national library is a priceless resource! i must have borrowed and read almost a dozen of such books!

for books, the national library is a priceless resource! i must have borrowed and read almost a dozen of such books!

:bigeyes: never tot of that place! haha! but thanks! will drop by n check it out

Hi guys,

im VERY new at this. recently got a brand new e520 kit that comes with twin lens.. and im fumbling my way around it. to be honest, i have never owned a DSLR till this one came along. and although i am very comfortable and can memorise my compact, having a DSLR opens up a whole new friggin realm!! =P :what:

i have a few questions...

1. any good books or guides for photography idiots like moi?? im reading the manual, diligently, so im thinking more of an external guide..:lovegrin:

2. know of any affordable photography classes or lessons?? ;)

3. is there a difference between DSLR lens and SLR lens?? can an SLR lense mount on DLSr body or vice versa?

4. is there an adapter in the market for Olympus that can be used to mount Sigma or Nikkor lenses?? :think:

would be great if someone could help me.. :)

Welcome to the realm of DSLR...

I'm no expert myself but I'll try to ans as to what I can...

Your Q's 1 & 2,

There are lots of books on photography available. Some are more focused & detailed to a certain type of photography while some cover the basics of general photography. Take your time on this. Read & experiment. Some type of photography might appeal to you than other. It's a matter of personal preferences.

For classes & lessons, there are quite a number available here in clubsnap itself. Checkout the Workshop, Tutorials & Classes Section. Take a pick on what interest you.

For more Olympus catered 'class & lessons', look in the Four Thirds Section. There are photowalks & meetup session where you can just join in to learn more bout your camera & photography. There are lots of helpful fellas willing to answer your most basic questions even.

Q's 3 & 4,

Oly OM lenses to Oly DSLR
For Olympus, it's SLR lenses(OM lenses) can be used on it's DSLR camera via an OM adapter. However, doin so, the auto focus function will no longer be available. You'll have to do manual focusing.

Other maker's lenses to Oly DSLR
Like mentioned above, you'll also have to use an adapter in order to fix other maker's lenses to Oly DSLR.

As Olympus Digital SLR system is built from ground up, it's best(in my opinion) to stick to Zuiko lenses so that you can reap the most benefit(eg sharpness) from it's wonderful lenses.

I hope I've done enough to ans your queries. I'll try to ans if I can...
If you want more ppl to respond, do post this again in the Four Thirds Section. I'm sure you'll get many replies.
Better still, join up during any of the meetups or event.
Be prepared to get 'poisoned' by the fellas there... Hehehehe!

Most importantly... Remeber to enjoy yourself!!!

thank u khair76..
i suppose u own an oly too??
hope to pick ur brain for more info ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.