Fullerton from across the river

Status
Not open for further replies.

shidyar

Jul 2, 2007
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
1450342193_9042f8dbd3.jpg

I took this picture while I was walking by the river mouth with my significant other. Saw the fullerton lit up like that memories of my grandfather (who used to be postmaster and had lived in the postmasters quarters at the old post office now the fullerton).. I was kinda surprised it came out well with no noticeable shakes. I'd like to know what the "gurus" think about this shot. would it be better if i'd crop out the HSBC ?

link to a bigger view HERE

yes perhaps u might choose to crop out the HSBC and go for a more panaromic crop. I feel that the composition is not right, might be due to the bridge seating right on the bottom of the frame. A bridge that doesn't resemble a bridge you get what i mean? there isn't any thing below a bridge...

is this handheld or on tripod or both?

ahh the bridge.. well from where i was if i had framed the pictrue any lower then the side rails of the walkway where i was standing near would show and it still will not show anything under the bridge.. I understand where you're coming from.

This picture is handheld. I took it on the same day as I'd taken THIS picture. Which you can see the "shakes"..

First of all, there isn't really much point in doing night architectural shoot without a sturdy tripod. No matter how sturdy your hands might be.

This is definitely not a good angle to take the Fullerton. The scene is just too crowded for Fullerton to be emphasized effectively.

The details of the building are not showing because you took the picture when the sky turned completely dark.

This is definitely not a good angle to take the Fullerton. The scene is just too crowded for Fullerton to be emphasized effectively.

The details of the building are not showing because you took the picture when the sky turned completely dark.

Agree. The composition is too cluttered if Fullerton is your subject, the bridge, the tree and the background is fighting for attention.

Look for a better angle.

Kit>> actually the point of the picture was not to do a night architectural shoot. it was a shot of oppurtunity (or so i thought) I was not going about looking for something to shoot. As I had mentioned I was taking a walk with my GF after dinner at the esplanade. and since the fullerton reminded me of my grandpa, I took a picture of it. I thought it was nice. that being said .. Point noted on the angle . And yeah I took the the picture after the sky turned dark.. because the sky IS USUALLY dark (last time that i checked) around 10 at night.
Kit and grumpy >> yeah a better angle would do nicely.. I'm thinking on the reverse side .. or prolly around the parliament house there? suggestions.. with stuff learnt from here .. I'd prolly go back to take another picture..

I'm not going to argue with you but if your intentions was just to share it, then perhaps you should have posted it somewhere else instead of the critique corner.

I'm not going to argue with you but if your intentions was just to share it, then perhaps you should have posted it somewhere else instead of the critique corner.

yeah quite true, it reminded me of a thread started by night86mare not long ago...

no arguement here.. point of critique is to be constructive in relation to the situation. My situation is i took a picture on the fly (i liked it ) and i am asking for flaws and opinions so i can go back and take an even better picture (and better planned picture).. If i do sound abrasive , I assure you it is not intentional.. . so far from what has been posted i gather
1. It is too cluttered.
2. bad unflattering angle.
3. the tripod (on a planned shoot yes its essential)

I mean i am neither confrontational nor I am debunking any of your critiques now am I? ..tsk..

4. The title doesn't reflect much on wat you shoot. :sweat:

Maybe if you PP and just leave the Fullerton and the Bridge, delete the rest and replace with just blck/darkness.

not bad ... as u look at difference angle... if it at a slower speed .. just to have the strike of the moving vehicles ... its great ... further more hand held ... its a challenged.. should try on that ... i supposed..nice pics ...

the tree at the bottom left of the pic blocked the view of Fullerton and another tree on the top right is distracted, the HSBC billboard is cropped too much. I think u should find a different angle

Status
Not open for further replies.