Full time NSman dies after being pinned by Land Rover during inspection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Singapore lost another fine young man.. :(

wow so many deaths from nsmen..................................

Sigh... always painful for those close ones and loved ones...
Accidents abound. In NS and in civilian lives.
The impermenance of life...

NS is a dangerous job.. :nono:

What sends shivers down me is that we aren't even at war, yet we're losing forces every now and then. Some during 2.4km training runs, some after a training hike, and some getting rolled over by a Land Rover.

I mean no disrespect to the deceased, just concerned.

What sends shivers down me is that we aren't even at war, yet we're losing forces every now and then.

well, accidents happen. just that now more attention is there.

you don't need a war to die. i think every army has its own accidents as well, and that's the way it goes.

I'm... not too sure about that. Any stats to back that up?

...how typical, you are expecting an accident free army in some magical place in the world? maybe utopia.

if you want stats, i can dig, but i 'm not going to bother, based on past cs track record those stats will be ignored since most minds are closed.

an army is not a construction site.

Last edited:
here, google is your best friend, have fun reading

magic button to fun articles

some snippets:

1992 said:
At the Tzelim training camp in the Negev desert on Thursday morning, something went wrong. Although details remain sketchy, the army has announced that a missile was mistakenly fired and slammed into the soldiers during a training exercise, killing four immediately. One died later of his injuries; six were wounded.

2008 said:
A Fort Bragg soldier who died in a parachute accident during training was an immigrant from Colombia and a highly decorated Green Beret.

of course, whether the intensity of training in comparison is equal, that's another matter altogether, but i would like to think that it is clear enough that army training and casualties, whether there is war or not, the latter is unavoidable in the long run.

Last edited:
...how typical, you are expecting an accident free army in some magical place in the world? maybe utopia.

if you want stats, i can dig, but i 'm not going to bother, based on past cs track record those stats will be ignored since most minds are closed.

an army is not a construction site.

Alright then.

sometimes certain accidents are unpreventable no matter how much precaution been taken...

yea.. But we can't just attribute the lost of a life to it.

No, not at all. I'm just surprised for a country of 4mil or so, we get SAF deaths one or two every few quarters. That's not too far off actually from a country like Israel, which coincidentally was a model which the SAF was originally based on. Just that Israel is constantly at war, we're not.

But since the consensus seems that such "unfortunate events" are to be expected, oh well... live and let die I suppose (rock on Paul!).

Last edited:
No, not at all. I'm just surprised for a country of 4mil or so, we get SAF deaths one or two every few quarters. That's not too far off actually from a country like Israel, which coincidentally was a model which the SAF was originally based on. Just that Israel is constantly at war, we're not.

But since the consensus seems that such "unfortunate events" are to be expected, oh well... live and let die I suppose (rock on Paul!).

I'm... not too sure about that. Any stats to back that up?

:angel::angel:

Ooohhh, I just love the cattiness :bsmilie:

i love cats :heart::heart::heart:

3686271329_e426e4056d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.