Full Press Focus

Status
Not open for further replies.

megascriler

Jun 18, 2005
If I were not to prefocus, and just fully depress the shutter, will the camera attempt to autofocus? I think I asked this before without getting definite answers, or I can't remember too well. And I tried searching the threads already but didn't manage to find it.

So someone please enlighten me regarding my question.

Why don't you just try it on your camera and then tell us? It would be faster :D

megascriler said:
If I were not to prefocus, and just fully depress the shutter, will the camera attempt to autofocus? I think I asked this before without getting definite answers, or I can't remember too well. And I tried searching the threads already but didn't manage to find it.

So someone please enlighten me regarding my question.

I tried b4 but it doesn't seem to work in AF mode as you will still trigger the AF sensor to work, unless you do it in MF mode.

Snoweagle said:
I tried b4 but it doesn't seem to work in AF mode as you will still trigger the AF sensor to work, unless you do it in MF mode.
You got the answer already. :)

Ha thanx, so what is the point of prefocusing then? Purely for the readiness?

megascriler said:
Ha thanx, so what is the point of prefocusing then? Purely for the readiness?

Yupz...very useful especially when capturing shots which can be unpredictable. :)

If your AF ststem is not fast enough to track a subject the best way is to prefocus to a certian 'spot' and wait for your subject to enter that 'zone' i use this quite alot when photographing animals :)

raptor84 said:
If your AF ststem is not fast enough to track a subject the best way is to prefocus to a certian 'spot' and wait for your subject to enter that 'zone' i use this quite alot when photographing animals :)

Gd explanation :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.