Full manual camera

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are asking me if you can have manual control of aperture and shutter speed, yes. It can be done.

yeah..

u can set aperture/shutter priority or both..
quite manual, plus it got manual focusing..
manual enuff bo? :)

Yes, it is manual enough for most. At least for me. However, if you read the manual on Page 55, the range of manual setting will have a limit.

For eg: For manual exposure setting, the aperture Value F2.8-F3.7, the max shutter speed is 1/1000 only. Not sure whether it is a practical limit though.

doUbleCHIN said:
Yes, it is manual enough for most. At least for me. However, if you read the manual on Page 55, the range of manual setting will have a limit.

For eg: For manual exposure setting, the aperture Value F2.8-F3.7, the max shutter speed is 1/1000 only. Not sure whether it is a practical limit though.

its consider a prosumer camera, not a DSLR. :)

anyway not too good to be too manual. i got an A40, you can set aperature and shutter speed but there is no aperture/shutter priority. That is really manual if you get what i mean :p

full manual could mean no automation, so focussing and setting of shutter speed and aperture all have to be done manually. The FZ10/FZ20 fails the requirement then ;p

But they do have sufficient manual features for the users to have control over the camera. I'm not too sure about manual focus though. Generally, it's not as easy to focus using a EVF compared to a real TTL viewfinder.

yes.. I use the EVF... with manual focusing..
especially far object using zoom.. use it at the risk of your losing sight..
buahaha..

thank for the link.. do FZ has AE lock!???

erm also lack bulb mode.....i quite like bulb mode.

gernie said:
thank for the link.. do FZ has AE lock!???

I have the FZ10 and it does not have an AE lock. Not too sure for FZ20.
Of course, when you press the shutter halfway, you are locking BOTH Exposure and Focus. If I understand you correctly, you are asking for a dedicated AE lock seperate from focus lock. It was my same question in DPreview, and this was the rply I got, and I think this is a good work around...

"Here's how I do it.

Set the camera to Aperture Priority exposure and Manual Focus.

Point at what you want to focus on and briefly pull down the focus switch (I use the thumb on my left hand as it cradles the camera) - this temporarily auto-focusses. When it locks on, release your thumb and the switch pops back to the middle.

Point at what you want to meter on and half-press the shutter, locking the exposure. Keep the shutter half pressed, re-compose and shoot.

You can also use Shutter Priority but I find the small number of f stops limiting in this mode.

paul w "

confuse bit bit...

but AE lock not important in FZ10...

cos , 1) set to manual from left thumb..
2) turn the focus ring....
3) shutter...

but i feel the burst mode not so advance.....

Status
Not open for further replies.